Monday 21 January 2019

Treats on Tuesday for Magenta

Hi there I'm over at Magenta today with a mixed media card.
For this I created a gelli print background using Distress oxide inks swiped onto my gelli print surface and brayered it to spread the ink evenly. I stamped the background using the bubble stamp, this removes some of the colour and adds some interest. I then stamped the garlic flowers using Ranger archival ink.  I also used one of my favorite mixed media products (glass bead gel) and a stencil. I love the sparkle and texture they add to the card, and it's one of those products that lasts for ever.  Too many of the products we buy dry up and go hard and we throw them out before we've had much use out of them (my little gripe of the day 😒)


Here's a close up of the glass bead gel, it looks even better IRL.


Bubbles

Garlic Flowers

TM179 Bubble Path Duo




Card Recipe
Stamps: Magenta
Paper: Mixed Media, 110lb white, Coated card, Black
Ink: Ranger archival, Distress Oxide
Accessories: Stencil, Glass Bead Gel
Techniques: Gelli plate, mixed media

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely adorable and gorgeous colours, loving this card.xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

LOVE!!! so beautiful, another great stamp to add to my Magenta wish list.
xx Karen

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Pretty card Christine! I love glassbead glitter gel too! I so can relate to the product gripe... lol. :)

Brenda in IN said...

This is so pretty. So much texture and dimension and the black silhouette is lovely on it.

I Card Everyone said...

You are the second crafter today that has me questioning why I'm not into mixed media, Christine... this is fabulous! and I love the Garlic Flowers!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhh, your background! The combination of stamp and stencil and the glass bead gel -- WOW! I have the occasional gripe, too. How about large, intricate dies that don't cut worth a darn after the first time or two? No more for me!

Nstiz said...

Your mixed media work is just amazing! Love the imaginative way you created this one adding texture yet subtle enough to allow your image to take center stage. Love this one!

Trina P. said...

Another mixed media masterpiece. Beautiful colours. Love the beads. xx

Susan said...

Fabulous! Love seeing the close-up photo as it really shows all the wonderful texture.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Gelli Plate background stamped and stenciled with beautiful glass beads added for texture and sparkle. TFS Christine. Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful background, Christine! A reminder that I need to work with my Gelli plate. Love how these garlic flowers stamp so crisp and stand out on the blue background beautifully! The added texture and dimension of the glass bead gel knocks this out of the park!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous background on your beautiful card. Love how you created it with all the texture, and how the flowers stand out against it. TFS

Mac Mable said...

Yes I love my beads too Christine and I know exactly how pretty they are IRL. Wonderful colours on the gelli background and such a fabulous effect. Thank you for the detail in the close up photo, which looks amazing x.

Pat said...

I want that garlic flower stamp as it is so pretty Christine and the gelli plate background has such a lovely sheen, and the glass beads look fabulous. A super card! x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so beautiful... That background... Wow!