Thursday 31 January 2019

Fun with a very detailed stamp

Now that most of us have some sort of stamp re-positioners detailed stamps are a little less frightening. What did we do without them? I know I wasted a lot of card stock.
My stamp is from Magenta a sweet image of a cat with her kitten, I was aiming for photographic vintage look to the card and quite liked the effect. I stamped the image in Versafine Clair, used a text stamp around the lighter areas and then used Vintage beeswax Emerald Creek embossing powder over the whole surface and then added Rocky Road embossing powder to the edge.


Here's a close up of the cat and the embossing

My second card uses a technique which I love for detailed Christmas cards. I stamped the image with Versafine Clair and covered it with Sookwang tape. I then dipped the sticky surface in Martha Stewart glitter, the camera doesn't show how sparkly it is in real  life.




I'm entering these for the Double D Challenge





Card Recipe
Stamps: Magenta
Paper: 110lb white
Ink: Versafine Clair,
Accessories: Emerald Creek Embossing powders
Techniques: Embossing, Detailed stamps

14 comments:

Nstiz said...

WOW! That is one incredible stamp and what you did with it is unbelievable. I have no idea how you come up with your techniques but it's such a pleasure to see how you use your stamps. The texture you added really makes these special. I too am a Versafine Clair fan. What fabulous detail you achieved with that stamp.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this fabulous stamp and the amazing embossing. The result and texture is incredible and beautiful.xx

Trina P. said...

Detailed is an understatement. Those stamps are beautiful. Awesome embossing techniques. Love the sparkle. You need to tell me what’s the benefits of Versafine Clair ink. xx

Susan said...

What a gorgeous stamp! Two great cards! I especially love the second one with the glitter on it!

Loll said...

Amazing stamp Christine. And two wonderful ways to use it. Great techniques that really show off this amazing image! I love the combination of the layered embossing powders ... so much amazing depth and dimension. And the sparkle from the glitter is awesome! xx

Bonnie said...

You have used this amazing stamp well, Christine! I love all the detail of the image and how you've used the embossing and glitter with it.

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet stamp with the mama cat and kitty - love the techniques you used on it - you created wonderful texture with your embossing powders!

Mac Mable said...

Such a wonderful detailed image and what you've done with it is amazing. So unique and eye catching, both of them. The first technique is wonderful and it's now on my to do list as it's such a stunning effect. The second card is so pretty and the glitter works wonderfully. Thank you for the inspiration and the new to me techniques x.

Darlene said...

So unique and fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Looking Back in Time’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That IS a very detailed stamp and it looks amazing with the two techniques you used. I really love the embossing treatment on the first card with the bit of extra color added. The glitter technique is a super fun one for Christmas cards, but it looks just as awesome on this vintage sweetie. Christine, thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D!

Ros Crawford said...

OMG!! Well hey it's cats so that always gets me, but what terrific results with all those technique... Your creations are always amazing and I love both of these!

aussie aNNie said...

WOW, LOVE what you have created for our fabulous challenge this time of LOOKING BACK IN TIME. Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw @ DOUBLE D
{aNNie}Designer for Double D challenges


Brenda in IN said...

I am completely in awe of these two cards. A beautiful stamp and two distinct looks with it using different products. I love how it looks like patina on my computer on the first one and the sparkle of the second one. Wow!

BożenA said...

WOW! Such amazing cards. This stamp is beautiful but difficult to use. You could create stunning cards with him. This is an admirable and amazing inspiration.
Hugs,
BożenA