Monday 14 January 2019

Treats on Tuesday For Magenta

I'm at Magenta with my Treats on Tuesday with Christine.

This week I'm using a background from my stash, a faux mother of pearl . I stamped over it with some Distress Oxide inks using the Galaxy Cluster stamp and the Delicate leaf branch. Finally I used the bubble stencil and distress inks to blend around the leaves.


I used Zig watercolour pens to colour the leaves and die cut the frame using a stitched rectangular die. You can see the shine from the shimmer frost white ink below.


Stamps used

Galaxy Cluster

Delicate Leaf Branch



Card Recipe
Stamps: Magenta
Paper: 110lb white, Mixed Media
Ink: Ranger Archival, Distress inks, Distress Oxide inks
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle die, MISTI stamp re-positioner, ink blending tool, cling wrap, Tsukineko frost white ink (shimmer for Faux mother of pearl), Zig watercolours pens.
Techniques: Faux Mother of Pearl, stenciling.


7 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful stamping and loving the touch of mixed media here...fab shimmer too.x

Nstiz said...

You really do the most amazing backgrounds, Christine! The colors and shimmer are beautiful on this and love the look of the silhouetted stamping. The effect of the stencils is fabulous.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Love the sparkly MOP background. xx

Leslie Miller said...

You've made another stunner with this one, Christine! Ohhhh, that background! I'm sure I have a faux mother of pearl background in my stash somewhere... from way back. Love how you inked and stenciled over it and, ohhh, that leaf stamp is beautiful!

Bonnie said...

I love the shimmer of the FMOP background, Christine! And that leaf stamp is beautiful! I love the shape of the leaves and how you've colored it! The Galaxy stamp and stenciling make such an interesting background!

BożenA said...

WOW! Such an amazing card for Magenta !! I love the effect of faux mother of pearl. WOnt in combination in these wonderful colors. The white frame enhances the colors even more.
Hugs,
BożenA

Pat said...

What a great finish using the faux mother of pearl technique Christine which goes beautifully with the leaves, galaxy cluster, and the sweet little bubbles. x