Saturday 19 January 2019

Crayons through a stencil

Back in May when we had our Crafting Retreat one of the comparisons we did was using Faber Castell crayons and Ranger distress Crayons (I actually preferred the Faber Castell Gellatos but that's just me). We took both types of crayons and used them with stencils and then blending after.  I had forgotten I had my swatch until I was rummaging through my UFO box and found this great Bokeh effect from the blended Gellatos.

You can't really see it but there's a touch of gold which gives the image a little shine.
I added a sentiment from Chocolate Baroque and a die cut to finish the card.  I used the frame to tidy up the edges and frame the bokeh image.

I'm entering this for CAS Mix up Challenge Bokeh




Card Recipe
Stamps: Chocolate Baroque sentiment
Paper: 110lb white, Black, Mixed Medi
Ink: Ranger Archival
Accessories: Faber Castell crayons, Kaiser Kraft stencil, Die Cut Birds (unknown), Simon Says stamp stitched rectangle
Techniques: Stencils, die cutting. Bokeh

18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a fantastic bokeh effect with the crayons and so very unique. Love the black silhouette stamping and the font on the sentiment too. Fabulous card x

aussie aNNie said...

Love the bokeh effect, and with crayons, wowow this is stunning,x

Cathy said...

This looks amazing Christine, love the bokeh with the gelatos, gorgeous colours and I too love the font on your sentiment, Cathy x

Susan said...

Beautiful - love the shades of green, that great bird silhouette, and the framing.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous bokeh background with your crayons, Christine. I loved how you added the framing and your die cut birds on a branches. Wonderful sentiment too. How fun to find your artsy background in your stash from our retreat:-) TFS my friend and joining us at CAS Mix Up Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Beautiful bokeh background with your gellatos, Christine! Alway great when you find something in your stash that's just perfect for the idea you have! Wonderful design. xx

BożenA said...

WOW! Christine, I have not seen such an unusual card for a long time. This background is stunning, it must have been magic, because I've never been able to create such an amazing background. Thank you for sharing this amazing card with us. I see with imagination how this gold glitters in the background. Beautiful!
BożenA xoxo

Viv said...

What a stunning Bokeh background you have created Christine. I think it is an amazing card!

Brenda in IN said...

This is fabulous. The colors are gorgeous and I love the bird silhouette. Never would I have thought of using gelatos to make this. How clever this is.

Leslie Miller said...

That is a very cool background! Seems the Gelatos were perfect for the look. Love the birds silhouette die with it. Nicely finished!

Nstiz said...

Your background for that great silhouette is just gorgeous! Every time I see your work I have a desire to shop for supplies I have not tried. Love the way those blended through the stencil.

Bonnie said...

This is the most beautiful Bokeh piece, Christine! Love these colors and how the design is just a bit offset inside the frame! Love the sentiment and die cut birds too!

Ros Crawford said...

You always come up with not only innovative ideas but the most stunning cards too... I love this!

Susan Joyce said...

Stunning background Christine and a beautiful card.

Darnell said...

This is spectacular, Christine! What a find to discover in your UFO box and right at that moment your mojo knew just what to do with it to make it a star!! Love the birds, love the sediment, love the framing! Mwah!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Dunbrook said...

another wonderful card! wow, great effect
xx Karen

Pat said...

I love the slightly different look to this bokeh Christine and the green and gold is gorgeous and the birds go beautifully over the top and love the way you've framed it too. x

Jo said...

Beeeeautiful! This ARTSY Bokeh at it's best. Love the whole design too. The black birds and sentiment just brings that BG forward. Love it!
Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx