Monday 4 February 2019

Treats on Tuesday for Magenta

I'm over at Magenta today with an Alcohol Ink on Yupo background.
Have you ever looked at one of your background and thought Nah! Well this one started out that way. I had meant to have played around with it but it never made it out of the UFO box to get some TLC. I decided to use a background stamp to bring the colours together and to tone them down a little.


I used my MISTI to stamp the image using Versafine Clair ink and clear embossing powder.
Of note I used heavy weight Yupo which withstands heat embossing a little better than the light weight. Remember to  keep moving the heat gun or the Yupo will warp as it's plastic.


Stamp used
Large Floral Background


Card Recipe
Stamps: Magenta
Paper: 110lb white, Yupo
Ink: Versafine Clair
Accessories: Spellbinders Butterfly Die, Alcohol Inks, Clear Embossing powder.
Techniques:  Alcohol Inks, Die cutting.

16 comments:

Loll said...

I LOVE this background stamped and heat embossed in black over the bright ai background. So pretty Christine. Just goes to show that we all need to keep backgrounds because they can always be used with another project. It looks like a perfect match with the stamp to me! Fantastic together! And love the pretty butterfly! xx

Viv said...

A perfect combination with the lovely butterfly - the stamp looks great over your background!

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the look...gorgeous card.
That stamp has been on my wishlist for awhile now.
xx Karen

Trina P. said...

So brilliant, Christine! Nice finish to an unfavourable background piece. The bright colours really pop against the black embossing. I need to go through my stash and see what I can salvage. 😂 Stunning card. xx

Bonnie said...

This background was just waiting for this stamp and technique, Christine! Job well done!

Dianne Johnson said...

Gorgeous Christine! Like you I keep everything; you never know when it will be the right thing for something. You used it so perfectly!

Mac Mable said...

So unique and artsy. One fabulous effect and love how you stamped over the alcohol inked background and made one very special card x.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I love the colors in your background and the sort of bubbly effect of the alcohol inks. Beautiful, Christine!

Nstiz said...

I'd have never thought to use a negative style stamp over a background I didn't care for and how incredible this looks! I'm impressed you could do that much embossing on Yupo! Your colors are gorgeous and love the addition of the matching butterfly.

nancy littrell said...

What an awesome save of your alcohol ink background on Yupo paper, Christine. I love your stamped flowers and butterfly. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Susan said...

I am totally in love with this card - the colours, the background stamp, the butterfly!!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card, love using yupo and am impressed with this stamping and the gorgeous colours..xx

Ros Crawford said...

Gosh it's amazing! So glad you rescued that! Brilliant stamping too..

Inkyfingers said...

Wow - and you were unhappy with the background Christine??? It made the most gorgeous card in the end - I love it!

Gio said...

Such a bright and bold background, Christine! Love this card to bits :-)

BożenA said...

I love this Magenta stamp background. A wonderful card in wonderful colors. The butterfly completes the card perfectly
Hugs,
BozenA