Monday 28 November 2016

Merry Monday challenge- Masculine Christmas

There's a great challenge over at Merry Monday Chrstmas Challenge this week, it's create a masculine Christmas card.  I think we all find masculine cards the hardest to do, so it's good to get pushed out of our comfort zone occasionally.

My card gave me 2 challenges one was the technique (stamped embossing folder) and the second was the masculine card.
I've seen lots of cards using the stampin up woodland embossing folder which look amazing and in the instructions always seemed so easy.  Not for me, I could never quite get a good impression of the image, so after a few throw away's I decided to reverse the technique.  Instead of stamping the folder I placed the folder on the stamp, that way I could see the image transfer and make sure all the surface of the folder came in contact with the stamp.
I used this stampscapes stamp at Lolls which has a lot of detail.  I was amazed at how well it worked.  I kept the background pretty plain, perhaps next time I'll try brayering.  There are lots of tutorials out there but this is the one I liked by Ann Craig embossing folder stamping



I hope you like the card


Card Recipe
Stamps: stampscapes
Paper: 110lb white, michaels black
Ink:ranger archival
Accessories: SU embossing folder
Techniques: Embossing folder stamping

14 comments:

Trina P. said...

Fantastic masculine card. Love the stamp.

Susan said...

That's a perfect masculine card! Love the way the image only covers part of the embossing folder.

Julia Aston said...

Wow! what a great technique! love your church scene peeking through the trees! You've inspired me to try this out!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Christine, and a perfect masculine card! I've never had good luck with this technique. I'll try it your way and see if it works better.

Darnell said...

I adore the impact of a simple black and white image and your winter scene with the black matting is just perfection, Christine! Thank you for the link, too. I've never had this technique work for me before so I appreciate the tip, too, about putting the folder on the stamp!! Hugs, Darnell

annewalker said...

Nice and very unique card! Indeed, a masculine Christmas card you got there. Love it.

Cheers!
Anne Walker
Short Christmas Messages

Jen Mitchell said...

This is fantastic! I've never seen this look before and I'm loving it! Thanks for sharing your technique too.

Linda said...

Awesome masculine card. Love how this turned out. May have to give it a try. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

OH Babs said...

Love the card - masculine and CAS. Thanks for sharing the technique and story.

nancy littrell said...

Wow Christine, your eb folder stamping technique turned out perfectly. That is when you need MISTI so you can restamp, restamp, restamp, but you persevered and made your image perfect :-) TFS my friend and sharing the link. Hugs, Nancy

Betty said...

your card turned out beautifully - thanks for the link to that video - i've never had much success with this technique!

Melissa said...

Great card, Christine! You did a wonderful job with that technique.

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card Christine, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Anime Filler Guide said...

While searching for some stuff about Christmas, i came across your your blog post. I really like it.
Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas ahead. God Bless you.
Merry Christmas Wishes