Thursday 3 November 2016

Merry Monday Christmas card challenge



I suddenly thought about mailing my cards to the UK and realized I should probably get a few more done before the end of the month.  Challenges are the perfect way to find inspiration and Merry Monday (Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge)  has a great challenge this week giving me the opportunity to use some old and new card "stuff".  We all have that "stuff", it's either been pushed to the back of your die or embossing folder box or you just got it and can't wait to use it.


My brick wall embossing folder and door die have not seen my cuttlebug in a very long time, so it was fun to pull them out, perhaps they will meet again in the near future.  MFT elf set is so cute, I must admit it is nice to have the die cut that matches.  I made the wreath out of some gelli print paper I created a few months ago, the green/blues were perfect colour, I used the Sizzix winter foliage dies set to cut out the shapes and some twine to hang it from the door.  I used Tea Dye to pick up the edges of the brick wall.





Card Recipe
Stamps: MFT elf set, echo park paper co sentiment
Paper: 110lb white. red, black, scraps of gelli print paper
Ink: Ranger archival black, distress, distress tea die, Memento Lux white.
Accessories: Twine, red pearl pen, MFT  elf die, Sizzix winter foliage die, blending foam,clear wink of Stella, Inktense watercolour pencils, finetec gold watercolour paint, spellbinders brick wall embossing folder, Savvy door die.
Techniques: Watercolour

8 comments:

Susan said...

Fabulous card, Christine, especially the wreath - great mix of colours in it, making it look like real greenery. Love the way you did the bricks with a bit of ink.

nancy littrell said...

I love your sponged brick wall behind your door and wreath. A really fun card with your cute elf too. TFS Christine Hugs, Nancy

Bonnie said...

I love that your elf is decorating your door, Christine! And your wreath is so pretty! I love the depth the sponging adds! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Trina P. said...

Cute card using my favourite elf set.

Loll said...

How cute is this?? Adorable card with that sweet elf Christine. Love the bright behind your door. And the geli print is just perfect colours for your beautiful wreath. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Awwww...what a cute, cute card Christine! Your elf is adorable and I love your beautiful wreath! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Linda said...

So adorable with the elf decorating your lovely wreath. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.