Wednesday 2 November 2016

Welcome to my Blog

I'm so excited to have my blog up and running, although I don't think it would have happened without the expert help of my friend Loll Thompson of Stamping with Loll.  Loll has become a whiz with blogs and has an amazing eye for detail   So thank you Loll for your encouragement and help.


Here goes for my first card post on It's a card days night

Sunday Loll, Susan and got together for our monthly craft days.  We usually spend the day checking out new (to us) techniques, and by the end of the day we all have a number of backgrounds that can be used for future cards or as technique pages.  This weekend we worked with alcohol inks on Yupo, the inks blends to create such pretty patterns.


I used a few blue alcohol inks and a touch of silver., and then added a little blending solution.  I loved the effect and thought it would look great as the centre piece for the Sizzix tree set.  I had enough Yupo  to make two cards. the second one has an inlaid die with Sookwang tape on the back, I used  ultra-fine glitter over the Sookwang.  It is hard to see but I layered 2 of the die cuts and placed them on the white.




Card Recipe

Stamps- Old Island Stamp company
Ink- Delicata silver
Paper- 110lb white, black, Yupo
Accessories- Sizzix Die, Sookwang tape, Ultrafine glitter, Ranger Alcohol inks
Technique- Alcohol inks on Yupo, Inlaid die cutting




9 comments:

Loll said...

Congrats on your new blog Christine!! Looks awesome! And I LOVE the two tree cards you made from our fun play day with AIs and Yupo! xx

Bonnie said...

Yay, Christine! I'm so excited that you have a blog now! And two beautiful cards for you first post! Congratulations!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Christine, I love this gorgeous card you created. I saw it on SCS and wanted to check out your new blog! Loll did a wonderful job in helping you create it! Great work!

Bev Polen, Guneaux Designs

Susan said...

So great that you have a blog now. It looks fabulous and your first post worked perfectly!

Love the cards you made with our AI pieces from our day at Loll's. The inlaid die and glitter on the second one is beautiful. The first one is pretty much identical to what I'm doing with my negative die cut!! Though there's not that much else one can do with it!

Trina P. said...

Welcome to blog land. Great post and cards.

nancy littrell said...

Congratulations Christine. I am so excited that you also have a blog...because of Loll's help. Isn't she just the most wonderful friend? I could not have been a blogger without Loll's expertise and patience too.

I love both your beautiful CAS Christmas trees designs. You know how I Love alcohol ink designs :-)

Congratulations again my friend. Hugs, Nancy

Lisa said...

Welcome to blogging! Both your cards are wonderful!!!!

Nstiz said...

Christine, How exciting! Your first blog post and kudos to you for doing this! Your card is SO beautiful too! Love the header and if the not so technical me finds the subscribe button, I'm with ya!

Karen Dunbrook said...

A BIG welcome to blogging....love your cards. It's going to be great!!
hugs,
Karen