Sunday 4 October 2020

New Watercolor Sheets on the Market

Hi Everyone I've been asked to review some new watercolour sheets on the market. I was so excited when Viviva contacted me to try out their colour sheets. Here is the card I made using these cool water color sheets, I snuck in a little Wink of Stella on the gnome's beard and the Jar of Milk or is that Baileys Irish Cream, looking at him I'm not sure 😏
 
 
So here is the low down 😊
  Each booklet contains 16 different colours 2 per page all separated by a sheet of Velum. Ideally
leave the swatches dry before you close the book, but if not the velum will stop contamination of the colours.


The booklet has a small attachment for colour mixing which I really liked. I've wiped it a few times and the colour does come off. It's so nice to have your a little mixing palate attached to the booklet, that and its size (2 3/4 X 5 1/4 X 1/4 inches) makes it truly vacation worthy 😁
The booklet costs $26.62 CDN ($20 USD) so very affordable and can be purchased with or without a water brush.
 


peel back the strip and just align it on the back page.



  
 

Here are the 16  colours with a couple of them mixed to create new colours or shades of the original colour. I did think the dark pink was more of a red, so I used it on the gnomes hat. I don't know if they can add white but that would be one of my preferences. The swatches did make me think about colour mixing which is probably a good thing. we all want the spectrum of colours and shades rather than create the colours we need. If you look at  my card many of the colours have been mixed.

Here's a close up of the image.




  I'm entering this for the following challenge

Merry Little Christmas -Anything goes

NBUS Challenge #19 My new Stamping Bella got it's first inking 

Watercooler Wednesday Anything Goes




Card Recipe
Stamps: Stamping Bella
Paper: Watercolour, 110lb white
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturn
Accessories: Viviva Colorsheets, Clear Embossing Powder. Stamplorations Wonky Rectangle Die
Techniques: Watercolouring

16 comments:

Pat said...

The colours look very vibrant and pretty Christine and I love your fun gnome image and sentiment, and beautifully coloured using these sheets, also obviously great that they are so portable, and good for taking out to paint with. x

Dianne Johnson said...

Cool new watercolors, it's always fun to have something so portable. I love your cute card, and I think I see a Magenta stamp in there that you are starting on! ;-)

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's interesting. Cool that it comes with a mixing sheet to attach. Your image sure turned out cute!

Helen said...

I just love this fun image, Christine! Your beautiful colouring really brings it to life! Great to see these interesting colour sheets, too! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Take care! :)

Susan said...

Great to see your card and review of those paints. Love the card - that image made me smile. I'll look forward to trying out the paints next time we get together.

Trina P. said...

Cute card. Very cool you were asked to review the product..

Loll said...

First, what a fun image from Stamping Bella! I definitely think it's Bailey's Irish Cream in that cup! :) These sheets of watercolours are awesome --- perfect for travel where you want to keep your supplies manageable. Love the colours too ... very clean and bright. Thanks for the info on this new product! xx

Ros Crawford said...

I adore your card and the colours on that pad are amazing... Beautifully done!

Nstiz said...

Beautifully painted, Christine! Congratulations on being chosen to try a new product. You did an outstanding job with these. You did a remarkable job of the color blending. That stamp is just too darned cute too!

Bonnie said...

Looks like a good selection of colors in this booklet and I like that there is a palette attached! A good bet for taking on vacation! Love the image and you've colored it beautifully! Nice rich colors!

Brenda in IN said...

What a great portable palette of colors. The stamp is adorable and your colors are so vibrant. I love how you did his beard and pom pom on his hat.

Darnell said...

Um, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a Bailey's, Christine! I love the fun drunken gnome image! Your coloring with the new sheets is brilliant, so well done as a spokeswoman!! And thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Kampin' Karen said...

What a fun card! Your coloring is fantastic. I've got to check out Bella now!! Glad I saw your card on NBUS #19.

BrendaB said...

Those watercolor sheets look so cool! Love your naughty little gnome, lol! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Little Christmas challenges

Papercraft Boutique said...

This card puts any receiver a smile on their face, Christine! The gnome is so adorable!
And the set of watercolor sheets looks like a great portable watercolor palette, and your review is very informative. Thank you for sharing!
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

Great, purchase-inducing review, Christine. I did not know that there are such forms of watercolor paints. And the card itself is so much fun with this gnome after eating ... You can see that she has sweet dreams :-)
xx