Thursday 15 October 2020

CAS Christmas Mid Month Reminder

Hi Everyone, it's time for CAS Christmas mid month reminder and the team is hoping to inspire you into joining in. It's my turn to host this month, and the theme is Christmas birds so pull out those bird stamps and come play along with us.


For my card I stamped the image in Distress ink using my MISTI.
I water coloured the leaves in two shades of green Distress inks and coloured the berries in red using a SU Real Red pen.then heat set the image.
I stamped the two birds and coloured them both using distress inks, then put the image back in the  MISTI and re-stamped the wreath to crisp up the edges.


Here is a close up of the wreath and the little Robins and the drops of liquid glaze as water drops on the wreath

Thank you for dropping by and I always love to hear from you💖




Card Recipe
Stamps: Penny Black Winter Chirp, Penny Black Sentiment.
Paper: 110lb White, Black, Watercolour
Ink: Ranger Distress ink
Accessories: Watercolours- Distress inks, Clear liquid glaze
Techniques: Watercolouring

21 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

BEAUTIFUL card Christine...I LOVE the PB image you used, and beautifully watercolored too! :0)

Brenda in IN said...

I love the wreath and birds. They look like they are singing away. The berries just shine.

HilaryJane said...

This is a perfect little Christmas card, I love the subtle greens with that pop of red. The Robins look like they are chatting to each other which is just lovely, even though you tend to only see single Robins in the garden. xx

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Christine. The little birdies are really cute. x

Nstiz said...

Another great image and great card. I just love the coloring on the little birds with great shading. I didn't realize that you added the birds separately. What a perfect touch!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful stamped and colored wreath, Christine. I love the added sweet birds. Thank you for hosting this wonderful Christmas card challenge, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, such a sweet wreath with the little birds. It's just precious! I'm a nut for bird stamps, so I will be playing. My little crafty hands have been quite full this month!

Colleen said...

What a beautiful wreath and I love your color selection! The birds are so sweet! Thank you for this challenge!

Trina P. said...

Adorable. Beautiful watercolouring. The glaze is a great finishing touch.

aussie aNNie said...

Great post full of gorgeousness here. Have a lovely weekend. xx

ahlers5 said...

I love this card. It is so beautiful. I see I have a lot of cards to check out. I have had such a busy week that I haven't kept up with commenting. I'm on my way!

Susan said...

Love that stamp! Beautiful watercolouring too! The restamping really crisps up the image.

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card, Christine! Your watercoloring on the wreath is perfect and I love how you created the berries with Liquid Glaze...Darling robins, too! Thank you again for a really fun challenge! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Just adorable!! Beautifully painted Christine!

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful watercoloring of your wreath and two sweet birds Christine. Thanks for sharing your process for the coloring. The glaze adds lovely dew drops to your leaves. xx

Mac Mable said...

What a delicate and pretty card with the cutest of little birds...love it x.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Christine. Amazing colouring of your wreath and sweet birds. Great idea to crisp up the outline of your wreath at the end. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

A lovely wreath for the little birds to perch, Christine! I love the shades of green and the adorable birds! Re-stamping the outline and adding the water drops are subtle but very effective!
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

A wonderful Christmas card, Christine. I love the colors of the wreath and admire the details of your watercolor work. Perfect!
hugs,
BożenA

Linda said...

Your sweet little birds look so adorable perching on your pretty wreath. Thanks for the fun challenge this month.

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful wreath, Christine! I love the way you've colored it and the sweet little robins! One of my favorite Christmas challenges!