Thursday 17 October 2019

CAS Christmas October Mid Month Reminder

Hi everyone, it's time for CAS Christmas Card Challenge mid month reminder card.
Did you know International mailing dates are looming up on us, for Canadians it's only about 7 weeks away. Gulp 😱
Come and check out what Lyn our Guest designer and the Design team have created for your inspiration. Susan is our host to this month and she has asked us to create a Winter Scene.


Using glitter on a detailed image is one of my go-to techniques when I want a quick card with a bit of a sparkle.  Stamp a detailed image, cover the card with wide Sookwang tape and then dunk it in a container of glitter and burnish. How easy is that 😏


You can just see the sparkle from the glitter.





Card Recipe
Stamps: The Stampin Place , Visible Image sentiment
Paper: 110lb White, Black
Ink: Ranger Archival
Accessories: MISTI, Martha Stewart Glitter
Techniques: Glitter

13 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness, this is a beautiful stamp and I know the sparkle is spectacular IRL. You're freaking me out about the mailing time. I'm in the US, but I realize I'll need to get those international cards out soon. Sheesh!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a pretty stamp and I love the effects of all that fabulous glitter, Christine! Such a lovely idea to place 3 panels on your design, too! Thanks so much for reminding us of the mailing dates...I need to get busy :) Barb xx

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome image, Christine, and the glitter makes it even better! A super classy card, my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Love a sparkly on any card but this is exquisite Christine, lovely super card. xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful and CAS-tastic. That stamp looks so realistic. An easy glitter technique, but so effective.

Brenda in IN said...

I really like the black and white contrast and the glitter is beautiful.

Susan said...

Love this card - so glad I got to see it in real life! The sparkle is fabulous and the triptych stamp wonderful.

Loll said...

I LOVE this triptych Christmas stamp, Christine. So perfect stamped in black and covered with glitter. xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a stunning effect, so classy and so very pretty x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful trio of trees, Christine, and I love all the glitter!! Thanks for the reminder about International mailing - luckily I have cards and stamps ready to go; just need my Christmas letter - LOL!

Linda said...

Christine, a beautiful, sparkly card. Hope you have a great week.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love the gorgeous sparkle and the detailed images beneath the glitter, Christine!
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

As if looking through the kno at the winter garden !! Awesome impression, Christine. And when the glitter glow joins in, it looks like it's snowing. Great card !!
Huga,
BozenA