Monday 27 May 2019

Rudolf Days

Hi Everyone, I just got back from a wonderful Crafty Retreat arranged by Loll for a group of us to get together at a house in Crescent Beach BC.  Loll, Susan, Bonnie, Darnell, Trina, Nancy and myself were there for the week with a two night visit from Linda, Colleen and Nancy's daughter Jeani.  We also got to meet Maureen (Scrappymo/Rudolf days), Maureen came over for lunch on one of the days, it was so nice to meet her and spend some time chatting.


For my card I stamped the little balloon Christmas characters from Clearly Besotted and watercoloured them. I stencilled the background popped the balloons up on pop up dots and added some silver thread for strings.

I'm entering this for the following challenges
Rudolf Days
ABC Christmas K for Kids
The Holly and the Ivy
Christmas Kick start #11 Christmas Kids


Card Recipe
Stamps: Clearly Besotted
Paper: 110lb white, Watercolour, black
Ink: Ranger Archival, Distress inks, Versamark
Accessories:  Stencil, silver thread,
Techniques: watercolouring, stencil

21 comments:

Loll said...

Adorable card Christine. Love those Christmas balloons! xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love these gorgeous fun Christmas balloons.
Thanks for joining in at the Rudolph Days challenge this month.
Sue xx

Dotty Jo said...

Love the balloon characters, Christine! A perfect child's card. Thanks for playing along at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

ahlers5 said...

Love the balloons! So very cute. Get idea to use silver string. Thanks for coming over and joining us at The Holly and the Ivy. (I figured I'd get that in while I was here anyways.)

Brenda in IN said...

These balloons are so cute. What a fun idea and a darling card.

Lindsey said...

I love these festive balloons! (Another set for my wishlist... :D) The little bit of stencilling is just right to ground them. A perfect card to link up at ABC Christmas and Christmas Kickstart challenges, thank you!

Trina P. said...

So cute, Christine. I remember when you said this stamp set is on your wish list. xx

Darnell said...

Super cute, Christine! A perfect card for challenges for kids!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

Great card for a child! Love those fun Christmas balloons! Great layout with the bit of stenciling behind the balloons.

nancy littrell said...

Such a cheerful and fun children's Christmas balloons card, Christine. TFS Hugs...

nwilliams6 said...

Super cute balloons/images, Christine. Wonderful coloring and stenciling (and designing). Fun, fun card for anyone. Hugz

Mac Mable said...

Fun card and what fabulous stamps...they sure look like they have eaten all the Christmas pudding....LOL x How wonderful must it have been to be with your crafty friends and so much talent gathered together x Jealous...Yes x

Julia Aston said...

How fun are these Christmas balloons! I've never seen stamps like this - a great Christmas card Christine - I'm sure you had a blast at your gathering! xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this is so cute, Christine! Perfectly CAS and I LOVE that! I know you had such a good time at your retreat. What a fabulous group of friends!

scrappymo! said...

These are such fun images. You have made such a sweet card with them.

Sure enjoyed meeting you all. It was the hilight of my week!
Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

Nstiz said...

Not only is this so darned cute but it also looks fun to do. I really love the light stenciling in the background for interest. Fun card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute and festive mf...well done.
xx Karen

samantha's cards said...

What a lovely card, thanks for joining us at The Holly and Ivy.

Helen said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Pat said...

The balloon characters are such fun and look great with the bit of stencilling and the added strings. A brilliant card Christine. x

BożenA said...

These balloons are so funny :-) For a long time I have this set on the wish list. You have used them so creatively and composed this card.
Hugs,
BożenA