Friday 25 March 2022

Acrylic Paint Backgrounds- Tracy Evans

Hi Everyone, I was watching a Tracy Evans video which had a Gesso Resist background and thought I would play a little.
My first card was inspired by the gesso resist but other than the colour and the gesso is very different to Tracy's, the second is a brayered background and Tracy's Hare stamp.

Card 1 I brayered gesso over the card then brayered the yellow and a turquoise acrylic paint. I then used one of Tracy's stamps to stamp the background using a MISTI and re stamped and fussy cut the butterfly wing and the postage stamps after pre colouring with pencils.


Card 2 - I brayered pink and blue on a piece of 110lb white card and then using the MISTI stamped the Hare. I re stamped the Hare on another piece of card coloured it with pencils and fussy cut it out and stuck it to the acrylic paint brayered card. I love the colours on this one.




Card Recipe
Stamps: AALL and Create - Tracy Evans
Paper: 110Lb White, Black
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturn, Gray
Accessories: MISTI, Acrylic Paints, Brayer
Techniques: Brayering, Fussy cutting, Pencil colouring

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous projects and beautiful designs inpired by Tracy a great artist..., ♥

ahlers5 said...

Wow, what beautiful backgrounds! I especially love your rabbit card. Just amazing. Sorry that I haven't been by lately. Between home schooling and some severe pain I haven't been able to get around to visit blogs lately. I am going to try to keep up now.

Loll said...

So cool. Love the gesso resist on your first card Christine. The pattern is subtle look to the background, which really shows off your collage stamping. The hare is fabulous ... what an amazing image. LOVE it on the pink and white background. Great work, my friend. xx

Bonnie said...

Brilliant backgrounds, Christine! Love the turquoise and yellow with the butterfly on the first and the awesome colors and fantastic hare on the second!











Mac Mable said...

Glorious backgrounds and wonderful mixed media cards Christine x.

Nstiz said...

You always amaze me with your spectacular mixed media designs. I’m so intrigued by the crisp stamping over acrylic paint! I usually have to sand mine to be able to stamp on it. What fascinating images too. As always your backgrounds are incredible!

Trina P. said...

Amazing MM backgrounds. Love the gesso. I need to use that again.

HilaryJane said...

Love both these, but I think I will choose the second as my favourites, love that hare xx

Ros Crawford said...

I love all the interest in your clever creations Christine... Beautful cards! Thank you for your kind wishes

Jo said...

You are a mixed media master. Wish I could achieve all this harmony on one card panel. Beautiful Christine!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm behind again, Christine. Big surprise, right? Life just keeps happening. Your cards are as amazing as ever using techniques I could probably make a big mess with and never turn out anything like this. I especially love the bunny!

Julia Aston said...

Nice technique with the gesso Christine! Wonderful collage designs - I love that hare of Tracey's - trying to resist the purchase!! xx

nwilliams6 said...

Two outstanding cards, Christine. Love the hare image and your backgrounds. Wow. I watched the video - super fun. Hugz