Thursday 3 June 2021

Switching from Feedburner to Follow it.

I see that many of us are now having to decide what to do about Feedburner no longer being supported by Blogger.  I like a few others have opted to use Follow it-
 
The reason I chose" Follow it" was that I could port over my followers and the only thing you might be asked to do is to confirm you still want to follow. 
 
As I'm still in the process of doing this some of you may get 2 emails one from Feedburner the other from Follow it.
So far the help has been great, I've just submitted my amended follower list and I'm hoping to disconnect Feedburner by the weekend.
 
What I did learn was Feedburner allows a lot of spam/bots or whatever they are called Followers. This is what they look like on your email list, they just need to be deleted after you download your list.
 The instructions for down loading your list of followers from Feedburner is in the warning from Feedburner and in Follow it's instructions for using the software.
 You can only upload a max of 100 followers to Follow it yourself, more than that the help will do it for you.
I have just removed all spam emails from my list and sent it off to the Follow it help (Alex). According to Alex- Follow it stops these spam followers, I'll have to wait and see 😏 
I hope you continue to follow me though Follow it when you get the email.
Here's what the continue subscribing looks like.




4 comments:

nancy littrell said...

TFS your follow-it information, Christine. I will definitely be subscribing to your blog. I am still working on the finishing touches of my own email subscribing system (like Loll's). Hugs...Nancy

BożenA said...

Thanks a lot for the tips. I have no idea if tracking for my blog will work for my blog. In July it will turn out and then I will know that I will find information on what to do with you :-) Thank you
hugs,
BożenA

aussie aNNie said...

Not sure what to do but I will follow you and your post still comes up in my reader's list. x

Loll said...

I see that several blogging friends have opted to use follow.it. Hope it all works smoothly for you. xx