Thursday 3 June 2021

CAS Christmas challeng for June - Bring out your Snowmen

Hi Everyone, it's time for June's CAS Christmas Card Challenge. Hideko wants us to pull out our Snowman stamps and join in the fun.
 


Welcome Steph of My Paper Corner as Guest Designer for this month and don't forget to say hi to the Design Team.
Here is my card for the challenge, I used an old Sugar Nellie stamp with the Snowman family caroling. Unfortunately they no longer make these stamp 😒



I stamped the image in Versafine Clair and watercoloured the image. Once I was happy with the watercolouring I re-stamped the images with Versafine Clair and this time heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. 
I used Flower soft on the hat and around the base of the Snow Family for a little texture





Card Recipe
Stamps: Sugar Nellie (no longer in business) Sentiment - Penny Black
Paper: Water Colour , Night of Navy (SU) 110lb White
Ink: Versafine Clair - Nocturn
Accessories: Deckled Edged frame die, MISTI, Watercolours, Flower Soft white
Techniques: Watercolouring

20 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a happy snowman family and love the flower soft and how you mounted them with the dark background. Gorgeous card Christine x.

HilaryJane said...

Love that image it really brings a feeling of Christmas to your card. great Fluorescent carrot noses too xx

Julia Aston said...

Looks like mama and the twins are having a fun evening caroling in the snow Christine! So pretty with the sparkly snow and wonderful water coloring! xx

Linda said...

Cute snowmen family and nicely watercolored. Great card.

Loll said...

This is such an adorable image, Christine. Great colouring and LOVE the flower soft snow. Look fabulous with the dark background. xx

aussie aNNie said...

haha how cute pappa and baby snow men, very cute. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwwwwww...what an ADORABLE image of the caroling snowmen Christine...LOVE it!! Beautifully colored too!! :0)

nancy littrell said...

Such a sweet snowman family caroling, Christine. Love your watercoloring and the added white Flower soft. Your colored background helped make your main image pop. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Susan said...

What a wonderful older stamp - love that family out carolling. Great watercolouring and great use of the Flower Soft for the snow.

Nstiz said...

Adorable image and so sorry to see they are out of business. You colored that beautifully. About Follow it- do we have to resubscribe? Often times when I do I get double notifications or at least I have in the past.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a sweet image, Christine! Beautiful watercoloring and I love how you created texture with Flower Soft...clever idea :) xx

BożenA said...

Such a cute winter card. I love this cute snowman family. Great design.
xx

Trina P. said...

Cool snow-family. Beautiful watercolouring. Great finish touch with the flower soft. I don’t think I’ve ever used flower soft before.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a happy snowman family card, Christine! The carrot noses and the kids' scarf and hats vibrantly pop against the neutral colors. The flower soft is perfect for the snow, and the navy blue card base puts the focal image in the spotlight. Great effect!
Hideko xx

Cathy said...

I wondered what was at the base of the snowmen, the flowersoft looks so good as snow! This is such a happy fun image and it looks fabulous framed in navy, Cathy x

Ros Crawford said...

This is so cute.. I was going to say cool haha... Loving the touches of snow

StephW said...

Thank you for my guest designer warm welcome this month! Wonderful carol singing snow people they look so happy ... Steph x

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, so cute! A beautiful snowman family. You're a very versatile stamper, doing cute as well as artsy. I love both!

Colleen said...

Christine you are lucky to have such an adorable snowmen stamp...singing no less! I love it and I love how your framed it and colored them!

nwilliams6 said...

Great image, Christine! Super fun snow touches and lovely coloring too. This came out very well! Hugz