Sunday 3 March 2019

Stamping on Velum

CAS Watercolour is challenging everyone to watercolour on velum, I've used a poinsettia border stamp from Magenta. I stamped the image using Black Versafine Clair heat embossed with clear embossing powder and then coloured the image using Distress Oxide inks. The white berries were coloured using a white fine point pen by Pen-Touch by Sakura. I stamped the sentiment with
 I always struggle with white pens, I have a Signo white gel pen for most things and it works well, but I'm always on the look out for others which give a really white colour when used. I really like the opacity of the Pen Touch  on the velum, if I find any more I'll Let you know.


 Here is a close up of the colouring

I decided to create another card this time on white card stock coloured with Touch alcohol markers. Again I used Versafine Clair and clear embossing powder for the outline and then used my alcohol makers to colour in the image. I must admit I love the velum version the best, I'm sure this will be on my to do list for other cards.


Here is the close up of the colouring

I'm entering this for in the CAS Watercolour challenge.


I used the following stamps by Magenta.





Card Recipe
Stamps: Magenta
Paper: 110lb white, Velum
Ink: Versafine Clair
Accessories: Distress oxides, Touch pens, Sequins, Clear embossing powder, Pen touch white pen

Techniques: Card 1 watercolouring on Velum, Card 2 Alcohol pens

16 comments:

Susan said...

I really like the version on vellum - it has beautiful soft intensity. Great colours and framing.

Trina P. said...

These are beautiful on vellum, especially your watercoloring with the DOx inks. I’m surprised the Copics version is not as vivid. Always interested in a good white pen too. xx

My Paper Epiphany said...

Oh I really love both your cards! The combination of the vellum and DOs is so pretty. I'm glad you enjoyed this technique and thanks for playing along at the CAS Watercolour Challenge:)
Btw I recently discovered another great white gel pen 'Gelly Roll" by Sakura

Dianne Johnson said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine! I love your non-traditional colors!

ahlers5 said...

These are both gorgeous! I especially like the vellum version. I just found my stack of vellum this weekend. I may have to give it a try.

Marcia Hill said...

Two beautiful cards Christine, but I like the vellum one just a little bit more. I think it's the softness the vellum gives that stands out more for me. And your colors for the Poinsettias is SOOOO PRETTY!! Lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

Bonnie said...

Both of these are gorgeous, Christine! I love the brilliance of the first one and the soft coloring of the second! What a beautiful poinsettia border stamp and you've done a wonderful job twice!

Nstiz said...

Gorgeous coloring on vellum, something I've had no luck with but now I'm going to have to try it. I love how soft the color is on this and I love the blue poinsettias.

Ros Crawford said...

Both are exquisite! I love the painting on the vellum but then again I adore the second one!

Loll said...

Both cards are so pretty Christine, but I do like the deeper colours on the vellum. Gorgeous colouring and shading. And a beautiful design. xx

Brenda in IN said...

These are beautiful cards. I like the vellum best because the color is so vibrant. The blues are so pretty. My signo pen was always dried up when I went to use it. I now use a Sharpie extra fine point paint pen. It works great on cards and I like the fine point to color in small spaces. Maybe this will help you. It is a water based pen.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! These are both gorgeous! I've never imagined watercolor on vellum, but what I've seen is totally wowing me. Very nice, Christine!! I love both cards best in different ways, really. The white card stock is just as beautiful.

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are so pretty and what a fabulous stamped image. Both beautifully coloured and especially love the vellum as it gives a wispy and unique effect x.

Darnell said...

I love them both, Christine! The vellum is more breathtaking and vibrant and looks like stained glass, but I love the softness of the blues against the white card of your second version. I think I'll paint all my poinsettias blue from now on!! Hugs, Darnell

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both are stunning, Christine! Love the blue/green poinsettia and the white berries! The vellum card has a stained glass look and exquisite! The second card has a soft and soothing feeling.
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

Your flowers on the vellum land so romantically, are slightly blurred, they look like they emerged from the water. Stamping on a white card also looks stunning.
Hugs,
BożenA