Sunday 17 March 2019

CAS Christmas Card Challenge

It's time for our mid month reminder at CAS Christmas card Challenge. Susan is our host this month with her cue word DEER and Chrissie of Simply one of a Kind is our Guest Designer. Come join us at and stock up on your Christmas Cards.


Don't forget it's CAS Christmas Card Challenge's first birthday. Loll and Bonnie have a couple of prizes for someone to win, but remember to be eligible for the prizes you have to follow the challenge rules.


Here is my card for the challenge, I had a little fun with this one. I made my brick wall using a MFT stencil on a brusho background and then  added distress inks to the bricks. I had make his nose shiny so I used Nuvo Crystal glaze and for the door handle I used black Pearl pen.


Don't you just love this adorable deer from Gerda Steiner, I just had to have him peeking out the door.


I hope you liked today's card and would love to hear from you 😏
I'm entering this for the Christmas Kickstart challenge Moves on the hooves.




Card Recipe
Stamps: Gerda Steiner stamp and die
Paper: 110lb white, Mixed Media, Red
Ink: Ranger archival.
Accessories: Watercolours, Pearl Pen (black), Nuvo Crystal glaze, texture paste, Door die cut by Poppy stamp.
Techniques: Watercolouring, die cut, stencilling

25 comments:

Linda said...

Christine your card is so adorable with that sweet little deer peeking out the door. Hope you have a great week. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Mac Mable said...

Sure is an adorable deer and love his shiny nose. Fun design and wonderful inspiration, thank you x.

Barb Ghig said...

Your little deer is such a cutie, Christine! I love how you staged him to peek out the door...such a fun card!

aussie aNNie said...

Gosh how cute Christine loving this card and the peek a book design..xx
I will be away from April 10th until May 30th, so although I have scheduled posts but will not be able to comment on your posts.....hugs..

Susan said...

So cute with the reindeer popping out of the door! Love the hint of the brick wall of the house behind the door - it lets the card stay really CAS.

ahlers5 said...

Oh my gosh, this is so adorable. Waht a cute idea to have the reindeer peeking out!

nancy littrell said...

Such a cute and playful CAS Reindeer Christmas Card, Christine. TFS your clever and creative card, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Leslie Miller said...

What?? OMG, this is so, so cute!! Now I KNOW I need a door die! There are so many cute critters that could be peeking around it, but the reindeer really takes the cake. Love it!

Nstiz said...

Gerda's deer is just adorable poking his head out the door! I love that door die too. This is one of those cards that make me smile. He's just so darned cute!

Loll said...

Sweet! :) This card makes me smile, Christine! Your brick wall is so cool in the background and love the bright red door. The reindeer is the cutest! Love him peeking around the door. Great design, my friend! xx

Darnell said...

I can tell you had fun with this, Christine! It's lighthearted but still a very detailed and terrific design!! Hugs, Darnell

Jeanne H said...

Cute, cute card, Christine.

Chrissie said...

Now this is what I call one cool card!
What a fun deer!
Thanks so much for having me as GD this month!

Bonnie said...

I love how the deer is peeking to see if the coast is clear, Christine! Your bricks and red door along with Rudolph, make a fun Christmas scene!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Totally love this peeking deer!

Trina P. said...

Oh such an adorable little scene you’ve created here, Christine. Too funny, I almost used this deer for my card, but I couldn’t think of how. You nailed it, xx

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is completely adorable! Love how he's peeping around the door. Thanks so much for playing at The Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so delightful...love it.
x Karen

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely adorable!! I'm saving this design... I just LOVE it!

nwilliams6 said...

totally adorable!!!!! Great image and coloring and designing!!!! Hugz

Nance said...

I love that Gerda Steiner too, Christine! LOL I like yours more with him peeking behind the door! xx

ionabunny said...

Squuuuueeee! That's so cute. I wonder what he's hiding behind the door. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz

BożenA said...

Yes, this card gives a lot of joy and honest, wide smile. Great design, Christine!
BożenA xoxo

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is sooo cute, Christine! The Rudolph is just adorable, peeking out from the door. And I LOVE how you made the brick wall. It looks awesome!
Hideko xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sorry I missed this one earlier, Christine! Had to stop by after your April CAS Christmas comment about the brick wall. Glad I did - that reindeer looks adorable peeking out the door! Fab use of the brick behind too!!