Sunday 3 March 2019

CAS Christmas Card Challenge

Hi everyone, it's time to pull out your Deer for this months  CAS Christmas Card challengeSusan is our Host and Chrissie of Simply One of a Kind is our Guest Designer for this month.


Also to add to the fun it's CAS Christmas' first birthday and there will be some prizes to be won. 
I hope you drop by to see what the Design team have created and have some fun playing along with us.


Here is my card for the challenge, an easy Quick CAS card. I created my background using the new Hero Arts night sky using Distress inks, I Stamped my images then covered it with Sookwang double sided tape. The sticky surface was covered in glitter and burnished to make sure it sticks.


You can see the sparkle a little better with the image tilted.


I'm so glad you dropped by.



Card Recipe
Stamps: Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous, Hero Arts.
Paper: Mixed Media, 110lb white
Ink: Distress Inks, Ranger Archival
Accessories: Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die, Martha Stewart glitter, Sookwang tape
Techniques: Glitter on Double sided tape

23 comments:

ahlers5 said...

This is gorgeous. The glitter turned out amazing! I am getting so many different ideas to try. I need to start keeping a book of them so I don't forget.

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous Christmas card, Christine! What a great way to add sparkle to your stunning snowy sky, and your sentiment is just perfect!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card Christine!! The blended background with ALL that sparkle and shine is just stunning, and the silhouetted image is perfect!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Linda said...

Christine, this is so stunning. I love all of the glitter. Wonderful winter scene. Have a great week.

Talitha said...

Fabulous card. I just love the background.

Bonnie said...

A beautiful scene, Christine, made even more beautiful by the glittery covering! Wow!

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous dramatic background, Christine. Love the sparkle... very striking! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful background and oh that sparkle, it's gorgeous.xx

Susan said...

Love the perfect little winter scene and the fabulous sparkle - great card for the reindeer challenge.

Nstiz said...

This one is a definite WOW card! Love the glitter on this and the sky is fabulous, so typical of winter. What a great combination of stamps for your scene! Love this!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so beautiful! I love that BG and the scene is just so calm!

Loll said...

Gorgeous!! Love your new night sky stamp with your beautiful reindeer and trees. Wonderful cold blue colours that are perfect with the icy, sparkly finish of the glitter. Beautiful design Christine! xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my, this is gorgeous! The night sky is amazing, the deer scene beautiful, and the glitter on tape method is a favorite that never wows me when I see it. Fantastic, Christine!

Leslie Miller said...

Oops! I meant it never FAILS to wow me when I see it... the glitter on tape method. Geez, sorry, Christine!

Christine Alexander said...

Leslie, don't you love it when the fingers work faster than the brain and then you hit publish, done that a few time myself:)

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful effect with the glitter and what a wonderufl and peaceful CAS Christmas card. Great scene making and a glorious card x.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow this is stunning!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gooorgeous monochromatic winter night, Christine! Love the subtle coloring of the background and the beautiful sparkle of the glitter!
Hideko xx

Julia Aston said...

what an awesome winter sky with your silhouette tree and deer Christine! LOVE the grays/black and the wonderful overall glitter!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful glittery snowy night sky, Christine. TFS your steps to your beautiful card. Hugs...Nancy

Nance said...

Gorgeous, Christine, with all that glitter, so sparkly! XX

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning background, Christine! Just love all the glitter on that serene scene!!

BożenA said...

Yes, WOW! it is not enough! I love the color of this card, and the brocade makes the whole thing slightly cloudy. I can imagine how beautiful this card is shining!
Hugs,
BożenA