Monday 3 September 2018

September CAS Christmas Time to hang that Wreath

It's time for CAS Christmas Card Challenge and the Theme for September is Wreath.


Nance is our Host for this month and our Guest Designer is Birgit (Rapport fran ett Skivbord) along with the rest of the the DT there are some great cards for you to check out.

For my card I used pencils on Kraft card with white embossing and a little Wink of Stella.
The colours I chose are gold, silver and blue.  
I stamped the image in white SU kraft in, heat set it then used my pencils to colour in the shapes making the wreath.  Once coloured I put the card back in the stamp positioner and re inked with the white and used white embossing powder.  The white embossing powder was brighter than the white  ink. I added a few sequins for some extra sparkle.

You have until the 24th of the month to join in the fun.






Card Recipe
Stamps: JOFY, Paper Smooches
Paper: 110lb cream, Kraft
Ink: SU white
Accessories: white embossing powder, sequins, Prismacoluor pencils
Techniques: Heat embossing, pencil colouring

20 comments:

Nance said...

Great festive, whimsy looking wreath, Christine. I like the embossed white on kraft with the pops of color. Have a great week! XX

BożenA said...

I love how colors pop out of craft paper. Such a beautiful card
hugs,
BożenA

Julia Aston said...

Oh, I love how the coloring looks on the kraft card Christine! So pretty with the white embossed outlines!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a unique and fun card, Christine! Love how you colored the pretty wreath on the Kraft with pencils! The white heat-embossing gives definition to the images and makes them pop. Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

I love the different shapes in this wreath and how you've colored them, Trina! The white embossing really makes everything pop!

Bonnie said...

I'm sorry, Christine. I seem to be a bit lost and thought I stopped by Trina's blog. Been a long day I guess.

aussie aNNie said...

Love the use of kraft, I still need to attempt that process with pencils...lovely card.

Susan said...

Love that whimsical wreath - great colour choices for colouring it in, and love the white embossing on the kraft!

nancy littrell said...

I love the organic feel of your gorgeous stamped, heat embossed and color pencil colored creative wreath, Christine. It is so you! TFS my friend. Hugs.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful and contemporary. The non-traditional colours are fantastic... being on Kraft is a bonus. Fabulous pencil colouring too. xx

Loll said...

Fantastic wreath Christine. The colours look awesome on the kraft card base. Adding the top layer of white embossing really makes it pop. Great design! xx

Colleen said...

Fantastic card Christine! Colored pencils on Kraft with the added white embossing makes a striking card!

Linda said...

Love coloring on Kraft and don't remember to do it much. This is a lovely card, Christine. So pretty. Hope you are having a great week.

Darnell said...

What fun, Christine! I love this whimsical wreath and you chose the perfect sediment to go with it! Hugs, Darnell

Nstiz said...

I may have to add that stamp to my Jofy stamp collection! What a great idea to use this for this challenge. Love the white on kraft and I do forget that pencils work on kraft as well as black paper. Thanks for the inspiration with this fun card.

Ros Crawford said...

It's wonderful!! That white really pops!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this wreath! So whimsical and fun. The white embossing is just the ticket on kraft. Cute sentiment font, too. Hoping to play this month. Thanks, Christine!

MaryH said...

This is a magic wreath. It looks lovely against the kraft, with the white ink and white embossing to bring out the line details. Love the pencil coloring of the wreath motifs, and the colors look quite metallic too. Great job of adding back in those details with the stamp positioner once you had the elements colored. TFS

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the colored wreath on kraft, Christine - great colors!! The sequins add the perfect touch!

Mac Mable said...

Love the contemporary image of that wonderful wreath stamp. The colouring on the kraft looks great and love the over stamping and heat embossing in the white, which looks fabulous. Fabulous inspiration x.