Sunday 28 May 2023

Group of Seven Monthly technique - Ink Blending on Coloured Card

Hi everyone, it's time for the Group of Seven Crafters monthly technique post.


This month we did an edge blend with Distress inks which makes the centre of the the image really pop. I blended the edges with ink pads which were darker in colour than the card then used black on the outer edges. Full instructions and video are over at the Group of Seven Crafters Blog.

For my first card I added a little pencil shading in the petals as well as the gold splatters.


My second card is the same image without the pencil shading.


My third card has some glossy accents on the berries and a little shading on the bell and the girl. The edge of the card has been lined with a silver pen, this one was hard to photograph.



Card Recipe
Stamps: Penny Black, Stampanory
Paper: Red, Blue, Black, White
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Embossing Powders, Stamp platform, Pencils, Silver Bullet Tip Pen
Techniques: Heat Embossing, paint splattering, Pencil Colouring

17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards love the embossing and blending technique
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

I am loving these, they have such a wonderful glow to them xx

Loll said...

All three cards are so pretty, Christine. I love red and gold together --- very elegant and perfect for Christmas. Your blue and silver card is gorgeous and I love the added glossy accents and shading. xx

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous flower, Christine! It's elegant with the pencil coloring and without! So much shine on the last card! You've done a great job of the sponging and I love the shiny berries!

Lisa Elton said...

They both turned out great, Christine! Love the first one, that flower is fabulous!

nancy littrell said...

Three beautiful stamped, heat embossed and ink blended on colored cardstock cards, Christine. You girls come up with the most wonderful card techniques each month. I can't wait to try this new to me technique. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Brenda in IN said...

I love the more concentrated sponging on the corners of the first card. They are all so pretty and a fun technique.

Darnell said...

These are gorgeous, Christine, really rich and bold! Great tip and result from adding the shading! Hugs, Darnell

Trina P. said...

Both beautiful. This spotlight blending technique is one of my favourites.

Nstiz said...

I'm in awe of your perfect ink blending. It's so smooth! Love the images you chose for these as well as your colors. I really have to try this! Two beautiful cards!

Pat said...

This is a great technique Christine and the flower works well with the white shading and without, and the lady on the bell looks wonderful in blue and love the glossy accents on the berries and also some pretty spattering on all three. x

nwilliams6 said...

Very pretty ink blending and wonderful colors, Christine. You all do the coolest techniques. I think my favorite is the first one - the flower seems to really pop. Lovely work. Hugz

Leslie Miller said...

I'm loving this simple yet impactful technique. Your pencil shading and gold splatters are a nice touch on your first card. It is taking me a while to catch up visiting. Life.

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful samples of this blending technique Christine! The floral one is so pretty with the gold over that bright red. I like it with the pencil shading and without and the gold splatter is wonderful! I love the angel bell image you used on the blue and silver card! Julia xx

ahlers5 said...

I absolutely love these cards!

JoAnn said...

All 3 cards are beautiful. Love the images and colors, especially the blue one.

BożenA said...

Three beautiful cards, Christine. I really like this technique, because the center of the card without shading looks like it is illuminated by an additional light source.
xx