Friday 17 June 2022

CAS Christmas Card Challenge Mid Month Reminder- Wreath


Hi Everyone it's time for CAS Christmas Mid Month Reminder, please come on over and join us in making a few Christmas cards. Don't forget we are almost half way to Christmas 😅


For this card I used one a Penny Black wreath die and hot foiled it to the card using Gold hot foil. You cant's quite see the gold as the lines are so fine, it looks so much nicer IRL I love using my dies as they such delicate detail from the cutting surface. I die cut the bow out of the same red card stock as I used for the mat and stamped the sentiment in Stamping Up Real red. For the berries I used Viva Decor transparent red pearl pen.









Card Recipe
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Sentiment
Paper: 100lb White, Red
Ink: Stamping Up Real Red
Accessories: Glimmer Hot foiling System, Gold Foil, Red Transparent Pearl, Penny Black Wreath and Bow Die
Techniques: Stamping, Hot Foiling

16 comments:

Colleen said...

What a fun wreath and I am so glad you showed it at an angle, the gold foiling looks so pretty! Another unique and clever wreath!

Loll said...

What a great way to use your die to create a gold foiled outline of the wreath. So cool! xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun modern look this has and the foiling looks terrific!

HilaryJane said...

I can imagine how much better this is in real life. The red and gold are stunning together xx

Julia Aston said...

what a cool modernistic style wreath Christine! I'm sure the gold outline really sparkles IRL. Love the red bow added, the sweet berries and red stamped sentiment!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a great way to stretch the use of your wreath die, Christine! I've been using my hot foil machine for some time, but I've never used dies for hot foiling. You made me want to try it. Thanks for your inspiration! :-)
Hideko xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! I'm in the dark about foiling, but this is a way cool thing to do. Color me clueless. I do love the look of your card!

Bonnie said...

I really need to try using my dies with the Glimmer system. This wreath is gorgeous and I know the shine is amazing! So pretty with the red "berries", Christine!

Marcia Hill said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Christine!! I like using my dies to foil with too, but have done it more with sentiment dies...you have got my wheels spinning now to try it with some image dies! The addition of the bow and berries make this CAS card just absolutely lovely!! :0)

Deborah Wheeler said...

that's beautiful Christine - the gold foiling is so lovely against the red. Love the simplicity x

Linda said...

Christine, such a unique and lovely wreath. Beautiful card.

Trina P. said...

I must put my dies to more use and try foiling with them! Your foiled wreath is beautiful. I can just picture how shiny and gorgeous it is IRL.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - love that wreath foiled, Christine!! You inspired me to get that die out, although I just cut it for my card. Too late for CAS Christmas but another card done - yay!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Susan said...

Love this card! You are doing such a great job with the foiling! Wonderful gold and red!

Susan said...

Love that wreath! You are getting so good at the foiling! Love the gold and red.

BożenA said...

This wreath is quite strange and at the same time very elegant. It goes well with a red bow
xx