Wednesday 18 May 2022

First Time with Digital stamps

I know I'm way behind everyone else in using digi images, so I thought it was about time I tried and 
used some cute images from Krista Smith Stamps. I did make one mistake and that was using card stock that had a slight texture on the surface. I was looking for my thinner card stock and didn't notice the subtle texture. I actually quite like the effect so made some cards out of them.

The first card is for a neighbor's new baby celebration - Chinese 100 Day celebration.
What is a 100 Day celebration- Chinese culture and tradition dictates that a baby’s first month (also known as the “full moon”) or now more commonly the first 100 days, should be marked with a celebration as it is an auspicious occasion, not only for the family but the newborn baby as well. 
It's OK I don't think they check my blog 😅.
This stamp is called Close To My Heart, so perfect for a new baby celebration.
I coloured the image with pencils, the image was die cut and the edges blended with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide ink. Finally I layered it on some Designer Paper.


The second image is called Eggstra Special and will be part of a box of cards I'm giving as a gift.
This image was also coloured with pencils, the background was embossed with a 3D embossing folder and the surface was swiped with white ink.




Card Recipe
Stamps: Krista Smith Digital, Stamping Up sentiment (no longer available)
Paper: 65 lb white, Black, Designer Paper
Ink: Versafine Clair (Nocturn) (sentiment), White Stamping up, Distress Oxide
Accessories: Nellies Choice 3D Embossing Folder, Pencils, Frame dies
Techniques: Pencil Colouring, 3D Embossing

12 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and beautifully coloured images,love the embossed background and die-cut frame and distressing
Carol x

Pat said...

Such cute images Christine and I love your pencil colouring the dp goes splendidly in the background of the first, and the white ink over the black embossed clock faces in the background looks great. x

Nstiz said...

Love your coloring on these images. As much as I love using pencils for control it is quite time consuming. Good for you for trying digis too. Love that black background with the sanding.

Mac Mable said...

Both images look fabulous, with really lovely colouring Christine. Yes the texture from the card/paper adds a fabulous look to both of your wonderful cards x.

Brenda in IN said...

Those eyes are so cute on both cards. The baby card is so sweet and I didn't know that about the first 100 days. Good for you trying the digi images. That is something I've yet to try

HilaryJane said...

These are very different for you, but just lovely. Wonderful colouring and great framing too xx

Bonnie said...

Fun digital stamps and so beautifully colored! The mama and baby are perfect for a baby celebration!

Trina P. said...

Sweet set of cards. Agree the Chinese 100 day newborn baby card image is perfect for the occasion. Your pencil colouring is so soft and beautiful.

Leslie Miller said...

Interesting about the Chinese 100 day celebration. I learned something new. You chose a most endearing image for your card. I do rather like the linen texture of the paper. I've long been a digi fan and have lots -- mostly Power Poppy and Bugaboo -- but I haven't been using them much lately because I'm on a mission to clear out my NBUS baskets. All forms of stamping have their values and uses. I love keeping a box of digis all printed up and ready to color. The second image and card is darling, too. Love the chicken.

Julia Aston said...

I just love the faces on these lovely digital images, so wonderfully colored with your pencils. I have a few digital images and often forget I have them stored on my computer! These are both very pretty - and interesting story about the 100 days! xx

nwilliams6 said...

You did a great job coloring them up and they are lovely images and cards. Lucky recipients!!! Hugz

BożenA said...

I don't remember you having used a digi stamp before. But it seems you've done it many times. You can arrange your digi images with the background so easily. Two great cards.
I did not know that in China there is a custom of celebrating the birth of a child for 100 days. Thanks for this information
xx