Monday 5 July 2021

Playing with Wax Seals

Hi Everyone, I'm not sure if you've noticed wax seals seem to be making their way on to cards as well as envelopes. I've always wanted a set with my initial but after seeing Sandy Allnock and Vicky Papaioannou using the seals I decided to get some wax chips a wax heater and a couple of the impression stamps.
Here's one with a Merry Christmas sentiment, I used a mix of gold, dark blue and grey wax chips to create the marbled effect.


The berry stamp is from Lavinia. I used Versafine Clair ink in grey, coloured the berries in pencils and used glossy accents to give them a little dimension. The wax seal makes a great accent to a card, don't you think 😏


I'm entering this for the following challenges




Card Recipe
Stamps: Lavinia
Paper: 110lb White
Ink: Versafine Clair
Accessories: Wax Seal equipment, Glossy Accents, Pencils
Techniques: Pencil colouring, Wax Seal

13 comments:

Darnell said...

That's really cool, Christine! And I love the glossification of the berries, too! Hugs, Darnell

BożenA said...

Your idea of putting the Christmas stamp on the card is amazing. I love the variability of the color of the wax and this gorgeous colored twig. A special card, Christine.

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful, I love the glossy berries and their colour and the wax seal makes a super embellishment, Kate x

Pat said...

This is a beautiful Lavinia berry branch and love the added Christmas themed wax seal Christine..a wonderful CAS card. x

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh I used to love wax seals! Glad they are making a comeback and what a wonderful way to use them. The addition of glossy accents to the image is the perfect touch for this incredible card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful...I've never used a seal before but it adds such interest.
xx Karen

nwilliams6 said...

I want a seal too. Fab colors and I love how you did the LaviniA leaves! Fab colors! Hugz

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning!! This is so elegant and incredibly beautiful Christine

Toni said...

What a fabulous way to use the wax seal!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a beautiful card, Christine! Love the blue berries with a shiny touch! The wax seal does make a wonderful accent. The colors and the marble-look are fabulous!
Hideko xx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is just gorgeous Christine! I love the blue berries for an unusual touch at Christmas and the wax seal sentiment is fabulous. Thank you for joining in with us at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

Cazro said...

Beautiful, a wonderful idea using a wax seal. I adore your glossy berries. Thnbks for joining in the fun at Happy Little Stampers - Christmas challenge. Caz. DT.

Barbara Godden said...

Beautifull card, love the colour of the image and great idea using the wax seal. thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers for the Christmas challenge.