Saturday 3 July 2021

CAS Christmas Card Challenge - July is Poinsettia month


Hi Everyone it's time for CAS Christmas Card Challenge,  Linda is our host for this month and she's asked us to pull out our Poinsettia's for this months challenge.
 


Welcome Sandra of (Sandma's Handmade Cards) as our Guest Designer, please check out her card and blog along with the rest of the Design team, there are so many beautiful Poinsettia cards on display for your inspiration.

I have 3 cards for you using the Altenew poinsettia 3D Embossing folder.
For the first card I embossed white card and framed it with red, because of the size of the embossing folder I created 2 cards out of the one embossed image. I love it when I can get a twofer.

 
My second card I embossed using red card, but this time I inked the embossing folder with Versamark before I placed the red card in the folder. I then used clear embossing powder which highlighted the embossed lines. Again I got a twofer for my Christmas card stash.


For my third card I inked the embossing folder with red ink and placed white card in the folder, you can see the whole embossed image on this card.


I'm entering my cards for the following challenges









Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous sentiment, Penny Black sentiment
Paper: Red, 110lb White,
Ink: Versamark, Ranger Distress inks, Versafine Clair Nocturn and Tulip.
Accessories: Altenew Poinsettia 3D embossing folder, Clear embossing powder, Dynamics window die
Techniques: Embossing folder inking,

25 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Three really beautiful cards. They are all really special and I can't choose a favourite. I never would have thought of using clear embossing powder like that, what an amazing effect. Will have to try and remember to try it now xx

Julia Aston said...

Wow - what a beautiful embossing folder Christine! Love the depth of the image it gives - all of your cards are beautiful with the techniques you used! xx

ahlers5 said...

I love how the images are framed. It makes such a nice clean look. Beautiful cards.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE how you've framed the deeply embossed poinsettia, Christine! It's so dramatic with the red frame and in the red with the white frame! Both really emphasize the center of the flower! Awesome job of inking and embossing too! Way to go getting lots of cards for your stash!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! I saw the first card and then the next and the next, and my mouth hung open a little wider with each one! These are all so beautiful, each with a different look. You have some amazing cards here, Christine!

Loll said...

All of your cards are beautiful Christine. What an amazing embossing folder and you've used it to perfection, my friend! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

A fabulous poinsettia trio, Christine! The dimension of the embossed flowers is wonderful! The white one looks like a beautiful plaster sculpture. Using clear embossing powder to highlight the embossed lines is a clever idea. Thank you for sharing the technique!
Hideko xx

aussie aNNie said...

Three beautiful cards and absolutely love them all in particular the first one...then they are all so classy and exquisite. x

Mac Mable said...

WOW what striking effects with that fabulous embossing folder. I love them all but extra loving the first one, which has such an eye catching design x.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Superb card and inspiring ways of using embossing folders x

Marcia Hill said...

I'm absolutely LOVING all 3 cards Christine, but especially the 2nd card...GORGEOUS!! I still have this embossing folder sitting out on my desk from making my reminder card, and now that you've given me inspiration for 3 more ideas, I'm glad I never took the time to put the folder away...thank you!! Lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

Susan said...

Love all three of these, but the one you posted for CAS Christmas is my favourite - the red framing of the white embossed poinsettia is so striking. Thanks for showing three great ways to use that embossing folder.

Barb Ghig said...

Brilliant ideas for your embossing folder, Christine! The first card is my fave, but I do love them all, and I'm adding this EF to my wishlist...Thank you for inspiring me, as I love getting a twofer from one panel :) xx

Trina P. said...

All lovely, but the white with the red framing is a standout. Gotta love it when you get twofers in one go.

Hallebose said...

The embossing is nice.

BożenA said...

These cards look so elegant. I have my favorite (second card) but actually all three deserve the first place on the podium. Thank you for such a beautiful inspiration, Christine.
xx

Pat said...

This 3D poinsettia image looks fabulous on all three cards Christine, a love the partial view through the aperture on the first two, especially the glossy red, and then the whole thing highlighted so prettily with the red ink. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful
xx Karen

nwilliams6 said...

So pretty, Chrisine. Both look great and I love that EF! Great layout/design. Hugz

Cathy said...

3 amazing cards from the same folder! I love the red embossed one inked with versamark, love the details that pop from the embossing, Cathy x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how gorgeous these cards are... I absolutely adore the framed ones... so unique and very creative

Linda said...

Three beautiful cards, Christine. The first one is my favorite, the white embossed poinsettia surrounded by the red.

akmoose said...

These are the most amazing cards! love the last one with the white embossed with red ink. I will have to try that technique!

Jaydee said...

what a wonderful showcase for that fabulous embossing folder. They are all great cards! So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
jaydee

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous trio of red and white using that poinsettia ef, Christine!! Just love them all but my fave is the red in the white window - that extra embossed red inking adds so much!!