Monday 15 February 2021

CAS Christmas Mid Month Reminder

Hi Everyone I'm here with a  CAS Christmas Card Challenge mid month reminder card, our host Susan has asked for some Cats and Dog.


I have quite a few friends who are cat lovers and as soon as I saw these Tim Holtz Snarky Cats I knew I had to have them, they are just so snarky.😏
 
 
 
For my card I lightly stenciled Distress Oxide ink through a Mandala stencil, then stamped the cat image and coloured it with Alcohol pens. I used Glossy accents on the eyes and Wink of Stella on the white areas of the hat and the cat's beard. This was a pretty quick card to make so I think I will use the set of cats for my friends.
 

Here is a close up of the little snarky Kitty.

I'm entering this for the following challenges

Christmas Crafts All Year Round Something beginning with C or D

Crafty Animals # 47 



Card Recipe
Stamps: Tim Holtz
Paper: 110lb White card stock, Black
Ink: Memento Black, Distress Oxide
Accessories: Mandala Stencil (Magenta), Wink of Stella, Alcohol pens
Techniques:  Alcohol pens, Stenciling

18 comments:

Linda said...

Great use of your snarky cat. Fun card, Christine.

Mac Mable said...

Love those eyes and Love this fun card Christine x.

aussie aNNie said...

This is a fabulous card, so pretty with the background and image.. LOVE the googly eyes, haha, great design.. ♥

Susan said...

That sentiment makes me laugh, as does the cat with the Santa beard and hat. Love the stencilled background. Thanks for making such a great card for the challenge I'm hosting.

Marcia Hill said...

This is just too CUTE Christine! The cat and sentiment totally crack me up, and I'm really loving your stenciled background too!! Awesome card...your cat loving friends will love this!! 😊❤

Brenda in IN said...

I see why you had to have that stamp set. Oh my, what fun it is. Love the soft stenciling and the sentiment on this bright eyed cat.

Bonnie said...

LOL! What a fun card! This snarky cat makes me laugh with his beard and shiny eyes! Love the expression on his face! The soft stenciling makes a perfect background!

Julia Aston said...

Love that soft stenciled background behind your bold snarky Santa cat Christine!

Barb Ghig said...

I love the expression on this kitty :) Such a fun sentiment and I love how you stenciled the background...awesome card, my friend! xx

Nstiz said...

How I love a fun card and this is it! You did a great job coloring him and love the background you created. I did get these guys and thanks for the reminder to use them!

Loll said...

Hilarious! LOVE that cat image and your colouring is awesome. Great details with the glitter bandana and glossy eyes. The soft sponging of the mandala stencil makes a gorgeous background. xx

Pat said...

What a fun card and love that Snarky Cat with the glossy eyes, and the stencilled mandala works beautifully in the background Christine, and a great sentiment too. x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, hahahahahahaha! I looked at the set and LOVE it! Out of stock at SSS, but I'll have to put it on a wish list somewhere. So funny and I adore your card, Christine!

Trina P. said...

Oh my gosh! That stamp set is so fun! Your card made me smile and laugh.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your snarky cat put a smile on my face, Christine! Actually, his facial expression with the shiny big eyes and the witty sentiment will make anyone who receives this card smile. :-)
Love the beautiful mandala stenciled background and your pretty coloring!
Hideko xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

too cute...he looks as though he's in trouble. lol
xx Karen

Colleen said...

Christine, this is just too funny, what a fantastic snarky sentiment too! I bet your animal lovers really get a hoot out of this card!

BożenA said...

Hahaha!! I had a lot of fun admiring your card, but I don't agree with you that cats are malicious creatures. Cats are cute, but they can take care of their needs and that's what makes them different from dogs.
The card is beautiful with a delicate background drawing and this lovely kitten. It would be a great card for me because I love cats :-)
xoxo