Wednesday 19 August 2020

Magenta Card Swap

Hi Everyone, recently MarietteVan Leeuwen organized a card swap through Facebook, we all know how much we love to send and receive cards😉. The cards were all made with Magenta stamps and stencils and  I was sending mine to Mariette and Dianne Johnson. To my surprise they arrived in the Netherlands and US from Canada in less than 2 weeks.

Here's the one I made for Mariette, it's a mixed media card with lots of texture.
Mariette makes wonderful mixed media cards and provides so much inspiration I wanted to show her how much I take away from her cards.



Dianne often has a more CAS approach to her cards which I love to see so I made a little book style card to send to her. 
I have some extra large sheets of card stock which I cut at 5 1/2"  tall, 17" long and scored every 4 1/4". I made it in an accordion style sticking the centre fold together, it made for a pretty book card. I had a lot of fun with this layout and will be making a few more in the future.

I hope you head over and check out both Mariette and Dianne's blog and take a few minutes to admire their work.







Card Recipe
Stamps: Magenta
Paper:
Ink:
Accessories:
Techniques:

16 comments:

Trina P. said...

Wow! That first card for Mariette is gorgeous. That bird is so 3D and just pops against that stunning background. The accordion book card for Dianne is beautiful. No surprise I love the colour. 💙 What a fun idea to do a swap.

ahlers5 said...

Wow, I especially love the first card, although both are absolutely wonderful. The soft colors of the first card and the beautiful image of the bird are stunning.

aussie aNNie said...

This is one magnificent set of cards, lovely stamping, texture and gorgeous colours. xx

Susan said...

The card for Mariette is fabulous - amazing layers of mixed media techniques and a beautiful bird. The second card is a wonderful combination of images with the colour scheme tying them together.

Dortesjs said...

whoo love your cards. especially bird cards..awsome

Loll said...

Amazing cards Christine. Your first one is so full of gorgeous texture. The bird looks 3-D. I feel like I could reach out and touch it on the screen! And your accordian style book card is really beautiful. Love all the gorgeous images done with shades of blue. xx

Dianne Johnson said...

Love, love my card! Thanks so much Christine! The one for Mariëtte is also gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Two awesome cards, Christine, and each is perfect for the recipient! Love all the mixed media texture and it reminds me of her journal pages! Love the book style card with all the beautiful backgrounds and nature images!

Mac Mable said...

Wow amazing cards Christien. The first mixed media one is fabulous with great texture and a stunning layout x.

Nstiz said...

This is the epitome of mixed media work. That bird is something else and colors so perfectly. Once again I studied that background trying to get an idea of how you did it. What an amazing two cards, Christine. Thanks for sharing them!

Debbie Gaetz said...

your exchange cards are beautiful. the mixed media card is exceptional; it’s one of THE best i have ever seen.

Ros Crawford said...

They're all wonderful but I just adore your beautifully coloured bird

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, both cards are amazing, Christine! It's so thoughtful of you to make the cards according to your friends's favorite style.
The mixed media card for Mariette has wonderful texture and dimension. Love the color palette and the pretty bird! Every page of the accordion style book card for Dianne is so beautiful. I especially love the blue-theme backgrounds!
Hideko xx

Leslie Miller said...

I'm just in love with both your cards, Christine! Two completely different styles and each done so well. Lots of fabulous texture and inky-ness on your first, and the second has the smooth, clean look I admire about CAS. The book design is way cool! I love to send cards and feel I'm due to send out a batch. Really love the sentiment on your second card.

BożenA said...

Stunning cards, Christine. Especially the first card with this amazing background, full of details and breathtaking. It's been a long time since I saw such a fascinating background and I can't take my eyes off this card. And I feel that a nervous breakdown is coming, because I have no idea how you created such an amazing work, and I know that I will never be able to create even a similar one.
xx

nwilliams6 said...

Wow! I love how you tried to incorporate their styles in your cards. These are wonderful. The texture on the first is outstanding and it is beautiful. The second is amazing and fresh and sweet. AWESOME post, my friend. I feel inspired. Hugz