Wednesday 15 July 2020

CAS Christmas Mid Month Reminder

Hi Everyone it's time for CAS Christmas Mid Month Reminder.

Marcia is asking us to think of the Nativity when we create our card, please join the team and add to your Christmas Card stash. Don't forget to check the CAS rules to be considered for winner or one of the Top 3 cards.


Here is my card, I'm using the Flourishes (unfortunately no longer in business) Three Wise Men stamp.


I stamped the image of the Three Wise Men on coated card stock with Stazon ink, I sprinkled blue brusho's spritzed with water and allowed it to run away from the image, and did the same on the bottom with a caramel colour. By allowing it to run to the edge away from the centre I managed to keep colour contamination to a minimum. I coloured the wise men with Posca Acrylic Paint pens, and the horses with Stamping up watercolour pen.
The image reminds me of a windy desert scene with heat causing distortion waves in the the air.

I also just received my thin frame die from Simon Says Stamp, I know they have been around for a while but finally bit the bullet and bought them and now I love them.




Card Recipe
Stamps: Flourishes (no longer in business.
Paper:  110lb White, Mirror Gold, Coated Card
Ink: Stazon, Versafine Clair
Accessories: Brusho's. Posca Pens, Water Spritzer, Simon Says Stamp Thin Frame Die.
Techniques: Powdered inks spritzed, Acrylic paint pens

20 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection Christine and absolutely GORGEOUS!! The whole scene has been water colored so beautifully and I LOVE the thin gold frame! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Loll said...

Great work keeping the brushos colours separate. It does look like a desert with the caramel colour at the bottom. Those three wise men are fabulous. Great colouring Christine! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Your three wise men are stunning, Christine! I really love how you created your background with Brushos...it adds so much dimension to your card! Beautiful coloring on the images, too...Love this card, my friend! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Great project with the three wise men, love the gorgeous colours too. x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely image and a fabulous Brusho background - so cool how it evokes the landscape.
Alison x

ahlers5 said...

What a great card...love this. I have a wiseman card that I started coloring about six months ago. Maybe, I'll be done by Christmas.

Linda said...

Your brushos background is so pretty and your Wisemen are watercolored beautifully.

Leslie Miller said...

Your cards with this set are really reminding me how well I loved it while I had it. It looks brand new in your hands, Christine! These are the coolest three wisemen!

Colleen said...

Your background is stunning and those wisemen are so regal and colored beautifully Christine!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful wisemen stamp Christine - you used a great technique for coloring the background with the two colors of Brushos - and what lovely coloring on your wisemen - a wonderful design! xx

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful background for that image ... It's beautiful!

Bonnie said...

You got amazing control with the Brushos, Christine! I love how you've colored this scene! I also love my awesome birthday card with the wonderful background and paper piecing! Thanks so much!

Trina P. said...

Great card! Incredible Brusho work to create the perfect desert background for your 3 wisemen.
And you got the thin frames! I’m uncertain if I would use it enough to justify the price and purchase. 😂

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

That is a great 3 wisemen stamp. Sad how many companies that have gone the wayside over the past 10 years but they live on when we create with their products regardless. I love how you used the brushos to create your desert background. So cool and a great Christmas card Christine!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wonderful effect of Brusho sky and dry ground of dessert, Christine! I love it! The Three Wise Men are colored beautifully and the colors of their robes pop. The mirror gold thin frame is a great choice!
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

The Thin frame is perfect for the nativity scene and the image is fabulous and so is the brusho background Christine x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Glorious scene of the Wise Men, Christine!! Love your background and your coloring - just stunning!! Perfect with the gold frame!!

Susan said...

I'm very late commenting because of my laptop dying and having to get a new one up and running. Love the colours on the three wise men! And great use of the brushos and avoiding them blending together.

BożenA said...

I love how you created this watercolor background. It looks as if the dog is floating into the air on the breeze. The golden frame works perfectly for this card. Wonderful and amazing.
xx

nwilliams6 said...

Christine, this is BEAUTIFUL! Great texture and the kings look fabulous. Wow. I sure love this!!!!