Monday 3 December 2018

Well Christmas is just around the corner.

We're just a few weeks away from Christmas and here at CAS Christmas card challenge it's the last challenge of  2018.  We know everyone including the Design Team are busy at this time of the year the challenge will end on the 15th of December.


Trina is our host for this month's challenge  and our Guest Designer is Cindy (Escape to Stamping),  We can't wait to see all the sparkle and shine of those wonderful star cards.

For my card I die cut a postage stamp shape, masked the edges and used distress ink (stormy sky) to blend the central space. I used Distress oxide ink(old paper) on the background stamp (a Crafty individuals stamp) and then stamped a star from this JOFY set. I re-stamped the star used pencils and gamsol to colour and then fussy cut the image. 
I was looking for soft colours for the background so I used muted blues and greens.




Have a great Christmas everyone


Card Recipe
Stamps: Jofy star, Crafty Individuals Christmas background
Paper: 110lb white
Ink: Ranger Archival, Distress Oxide, Distress ink
Accessories: Postage stamp Die, Pencils, Gamsol
Techniques: Pencil blending with gamsol, fussy cutting, Die cut

22 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Love the PaperArtsy star stamp and loving your card too. Gorgeous colours, so pretty and your card is contemporary and adorable, love it x.

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done!

Loll said...

Fantastic design Christine. I love the soft word stamping over the softly blended blue background. Very unique combination that works perfect with your JOFY star. Such a cool image, wonderfully coloured with pencils. Great design! xx

Bonnie said...

What a fun star, Christine! It's colored beautifully and I love the details of the stamp! The background is a perfect backdrop for your pretty star!

aussie aNNie said...

Love the star and background stamping. Simply beautiful.x

nancy littrell said...

I love your postage stamp die cut beautifully colored star image and soft background. TFS Christine and Merry Christmas, my friend. Hugs.Nancy

Susan said...

Wonderful card - love the star and the text background, also the shades of blue and green.

Nstiz said...

I love that star! I have it and never inked it up yet so thanks for the inspiration. The subtle background you created is so perfect for this. Now I'm going to have to dust mine off and try something like this! .

Brenda in IN said...

I love that postage stamp frame and the sentiments behind the star. The star itself is great and so pretty with the soft colors.

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute stamp and I love it with the green and blue! Clever to stamp and re-stamp the star. It's so perfect on the text background! You're giving me ideas again...

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card. Once again, your use of mixed media products is astounding. Love the text background and the postage stamp. Great colours as well. xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous star card Christine, funky image and great text background for your 'stamp' image

Ros Crawford said...

I love your card!! What a fabulous mix of stamps and I love the dimension you got with the star!

Colleen said...

Beautiful!

Karen Dunbrook said...

just a sweet, delightful card. I have stars I never use..may have to get them out!!
xx Karen

Linda said...

Lovely card, with your soft background. Christine, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love how you made a star ornament postage, Christine! Sponging and stamping inside the masked area is a terrific idea! The soft blue background and the pencil-colored star are so pretty!
Hideko xx

BożenA said...

Excellent card, perfectly designed. I love her CAS style, delicate colors and a pop-up panel with a star.
Hugs,
BożneA

Darnell said...

It's amazing how one can tell at a glance when an image is from JOFY! That star is awesome, Christine! Your muted background works perfectly, as does the postage stamp frame!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Karen Dunbrook said...

very sweet card...
x Karen

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous star, Christine! Just love it over the text background on the postage stamp!!

Barb Ghig said...

Your stamped background is perfect with this gorgeous star, Christine! Another beautiful Christmas card!