Wednesday 17 October 2018

CAS Christmas Mid Month Reminder

Oh my, October is almost over, that means Christmas is around the corner 😏.  This is a good reason to join in with the CAS Christmas Card Challenge. Susan is our host for this month and her theme is Birds. Our Guest Designer is Sue of Sue's cards, Sue has some amazing cards to show you on her blog so please drop by and leave some blog hugs.

My card for for this challenge is a bird by on a holly branch by Technique Junkies, it's a large stamp so I decided to frame it with a stitched die rectangle.
I stamped the image using Tea dye distress inks, watercoloured the bird using zigs and then restamped with the Tea dye. I used Nuvo glitter pen to make the berries sparkle a little. I hope your like this simple technique with such a large stamp.
We would love to have you drop in and play along with us, the challenge is open until the 24th so there's still lots of time.




Thanks for dropping by and I would love to hear from you.



Card Recipe
Stamps: Techniuque Junkies, Sentiment was a freebee from a magazine.
Paper: 110lb watercolour, 110lb white
Ink: Ranger Archival, Distress Tea Die.
Accessories: Zig watercolour pens, Nuvo glitter pen.
Techniques: Watercolouring

22 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

What an absolutely beautiful bird stamp and so prettily colored! I'm behind on this challenge which I'd hoped to play every month. Summer... I'm still trying to catch up. I love that a large stamp can still be a CAS card. What more could it possibly need? So lovely, Christine!

Loll said...

WOW!! AMAZING watercolouring of your bird and holly branches Christine. You have really brought this image to life! Great work, my friend! xx

nancy littrell said...

Beautifully colored bird and holly branch, Christine. I love your simply framed stitching. TFS, my friend. Hugs

Bonnie said...

I love the beautiful details of this bird and how you've colored him! He looks right at home on the holly branches! This is an awesome Christmas card, my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful stamp Christine and a gorgeous coloured bird...simply framed with beautfy.xx

Sue said...

This is elegant and beautiful, Christine. Your water-colouring looks gorgeous.

Brenda in IN said...

I love the framing around this pretty image. Your coloring of the bird is beautiful and brings him to life.

Susan said...

Wonderful watercolouring on the bird and holly! I think I have that stamp but have never inked it up (if I can't remember whether or not I have it, I clearly have too many bird stamps, right?!!). Love the sparkle on the berries!

Anita in France said...

Elegant and lovely, Christine ... and such beautiful colouring of this gorgeous image! Anita :)

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card and watercolouring. The framing was a great idea. Love the sparkly berries. xx

Nstiz said...

What an outstanding job you did water coloring your bird! It's beautifully shaded. The sparkle on the berries makes it festive. Love this image and your card.

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely 'bird' Christmas card Christine, beautifully watercoloured sitting amongst the holly.

I Card Everyone said...

Christine, could there be a better way to thank you for your visit than dropping by for a little look-see of your latest creation? I'm so happy I did... this bird is gorgeous!! and so is your card!
=]
[don't you wish we could fix that no-reply-blogger thing?]

MaryH said...

It's a lovely image, and how splendidly you've showcased it with your fabulous watercoloring, and framed in the stitched die. Really beautiful card, Christine. TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

Linda said...

Christine, this is beautifully water colored. Such a pretty card.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous water colouring of that fabulous image and love the pop of glitter on the berries. The framing draws your eyes right into that stunning bird image x.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is stunning!! What a beautifull coloured bird!!

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful stamp and so wonderfully watercolored Christine! Love that blue bird! xx

Jo said...

The watercoloring is amazing Christine. You've give so much depth to this stamped bird.
A true BEAUTY, xxx

Gio said...

This is so beautiful and elegant, Christine. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :-)

BożenA said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card. Stamping with a light color makes the bird more natural. Great technique, Christine
Hugs,
BożenA

Barb Ghig said...

Oooh, how BEAUTIFUL, Christine! I love how you watercolored all of the images, especially the gorgeous bird...WOW! Love all the sparkle on the berries, too...such an elegant card!