Wednesday 8 August 2018

Stencil mono printing and UFO's


For my card I used this Carabelle stencil and Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals to create my monoprint background.  You can't see the shimmer but I'm sure you all know it's there IRL.
I cut the background using a stamplorations wonky stitch die and mounted it on white foam.
The  butterfly is a Tim Holtz (Sizzix) die, it's so perfect for using up those really bright bold backgrounds that you almost throw out because you used way too much ink.


the sentiment is from a retired rubbernecker set 😠


Here is the Mixed Media piece that the back of the butterfly was die cut from, it almost made it's way into the garbage, and yes there's a second card to appear soon.
About a year of so ago I used way way too much ink sprayed on Mixed media paper. That amount of colour was perfect for this die cut. The black outline tones down the amount of colour on the sheet.. 
I sprayed the butterfly with Imagine sheer shimmer spray which made it very sparkly.



I'm entering this card for the following challenges




I hope you like my card and I'd love to hear from you 😀.




Card Recipe
Stamps: Rubbernecker sentiment
Paper: 110lb white, Black, mixed media
Ink: Ranger Archival black
Accessories: Carabelle stencil, Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Powders, Ink sprays, Tim Holtz butterflies, Stamplorations wonky stitched die, Imagine sheer shimmer spray,  White foam
Techniques:

18 comments:

Susan said...

Christine, it's even lovelier than I thought it would be when you described it to me! Wonderful monoprint background in great colours, and a gorgeous butterfly - great way to use up those over-dark background pieces!

Nstiz said...

What a gorgeous butterfly against your stencil mono print, one of my favorite techniques! Love the color combination. I too have learned to not throw out the uglies. Often times they make the best mats if nothing else. Great use of a piece you didn't like although seeing it, I'm not sure what not to like.

nancy littrell said...

Love your negative Stenciled Background, Christine with your Magicals. I can just imagine the shine. Love your beautiful butterfly and perfect sentiment too. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful background, Christine! And I'm sure the it shimmers beautifully in the light! Great use of the darker background. I have some of those too and they are perfect for some die cuts! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, I really like that background! And the butterfly... whew, so glad you saved that piece. It looks fine to me, anyway, but the shimmer spray really added some extra beauty. In a close up click of the second pic I see a lot of color in the butterfly's wings. Lovely, Christine!

I Card Everyone said...

Christine, I'm so happy you visited today! I would have been very sad to miss this gorgeous Monarch on your card! They have a very special place in our hearts!
Your card is fabulous!! and you do much than I with color!
=]

Mac Mable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mac Mable said...

Wonderful stencil mono print technique and that butterfly looks stunning. Great addition to the CAS Mix Up Gallery....Thank you x

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this Christine, the butterfly is stunning. Love Lindy's sprays and yes they do shine in real life. Your background mono printing in absolutely fabulous.. Have a great weekend.xxx

Loll said...

Beautiful stencil monoprint background Christine. I bet it does shimmer a lot! So pretty with the deep colours of your beautiful butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful monoprint background paired with a gorgeous butterfly! Awesome colours. Ooh thing you didn’t throw those pieces away. xx

Julia Aston said...

I love the the mix of colors on your dotted monoprint stenciled background Christine! The perfect backdrop for your beautiful butterfly! (see - we just cannot throw anything out - we WILL want it later!!) Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

AlisonC said...

Love this background and that's a really good tip about stamping butterflies on inky pieces. Thanks.

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love your Stencil Monoprint background, Christine! The Magicals colors (and I'm sure the shimmer too) are amazing! And I'm so glad that you didn’t throw away the ink over sprayed piece. The butterfly is gorgeous! Hideko xx

Mrs A. said...

This just goes to show that all those mishaps have a reason to be kept. Your butterfly looks gorgeous on here. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Jo said...

Loving the softness of your mono printing and that daring butterfly steals the show ;) Beautiful card Christine!
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Darnell said...

Your monoprint background and butterfly are fantastic, Christine, and together they make a beautiful work of art! Way to go saving that piece to use in this sensational way! It's a good lesson for all of us!! Hugs, Darnell

BożenA said...

This background is great. Cool colors for this air background. I managed to achieve a similar effect using a sponge with large holes. She had too many holes to bathe, and to make a background it was perfect :-) I'm glad you used a "wasted" piece of paper to make this amazing butterfly. It looks mystical!
Hugs,
BozenA