Sunday 17 June 2018

Pennyblack flower

I borrowed a beautiful Penny Black stamp off Susan to colour with markers directly to the stamp.  I first stamped the image using Sahara Sand to give me the outline.  I think Sahara Sand may have been a little dark for the colours I was using but I still like the effect. My one oopsy was the leaf around the bud, one came out a little too dark.  Other than that I really like the end result.  I didn't too too much spritzing with water so the intensity of the colours stayed.

I blended the edges of the image with Distress inks (Old Paper) and over stamped the flower with a visible image stamp Fibonacci I just picked up.

For those among us who are interested in Math. The Fibonacci is a spiral created by drawing circular arcs connecting the opposite corners of a squares in the Fibonacci tiling.




I'm entering this for the following challenges.






Card Recipe
Stamps: Penny Black, Visible image
Paper: Hot press Watercolour, 110lb White, Black
Ink: Distress inks,
Accessories: Tombo watercolour pens, water spritzer, MISTI,
Techniques: Direct to stamp watercolouring

16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Thanks for dropping by and I love to see your comments.

Darnell said...

Okay, I'm sure, but you lost me, Christine. My eyes automatically glaze over when they see the word "math" and everything is a blur after that, lol! What I know for sure is that Mr. Fibonacci's theory of rigatoni made a gorgeous overstamp of that sensational flower! Good thinking! And I don't know how I missed this stamp when I recently ordered, but I'll be fixing that oversight soon! You're DTS and spritzing worked a treat and I actually love the deep shadow on the bud!! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

Your no-line watercolored flower is so beautiful, Christine. I love how you stamped over your image adding wonderful depth. TFS your beauty, my friend. Hugs..

Loll said...

We all had fun colouring this beautiful rose. I love the depth of colours with your flower, and that gorgoeus overstamping. What a cool image. Great design Christne! xx

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, this is just stunning. I love the coloring and shading on the rose. The Fibonacci background is a good one for this lovely image.

Bonnie said...

Your flower is gorgeous, Christine, and the background enhances it beautifully! Love the vintage feel!

brenda said...

Lovely bright ad vibrant colours on the lovely PB bloom, my thanks for joining in with our June 'In my Garden' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Susan said...

Love your version of the rose! The Fibonacci background is perfect for it. I must get my rose one posted soon. And also practice with that stamp!!

Mac Mable said...

What fabulous stamps and such great stamping. Love how you over stamped the pretty rose...looks great. The colours are gorgeous. Thank you for the information about the interesting Fibonacci.

Nstiz said...

This is one of my most favorite techniques lately. You did an outstanding job of this. Your background caught my eye immediately. Love that you over stamped the flower when done. Often times it's hard to do a background when the artwork is completed. Love this one!

Trina P. said...

Whoa! So striking snd beautifully coloured! Love the vibrancy. Super cool background... complements the rise perfectly. xx

K M Meena Herale said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for playing at Addicted To Stamps and More Challenge. Hope to see you next time.
Hugs xx
DT Meena Herale

BożenA said...

A great background for this shining rose. I love the darkened edges of the card, creating an amazing mood
BożenA xoxo

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the look...great collage style card, kinda has a vintage feel to it which I love.
xx Karen

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful card, and fabulous colouring! thanks so much for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It, Make It :)

ElizabethR said...

That is so beautiful thanks for joining in with us at the Craft Stamper Challenge, Elizabeth x