Thursday 9 November 2017

Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll and Friends

It's already day 4 of the Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll and Friends, so head over and enjoy some of the awesome Tag eye candy that's on display.


Here is my tag, a little up-cycling has taken place 😏.  While I was in the UK 6 weeks ago I had a little retail therapy and bought a pair of embroidered jeans and a top. They both had these great stiff tags attached to them.

I gesso'd the surface and began playing.  I covered the tag front and back with a medium blue Pan Pastel, I then stamped (circle and star wreath) and with Versamark and added a darker blue pan pastel.  The Versamark picks up the pigment and the image stands out.  I used two stencils one with snow embossing paste and one was a crackle paste. I then stamped the JOFY tree coloured it with watercolours and fussy cut it out.  I used my Versamark to cover the edge of the tag and picked up some gold embossing powder.  I did this a couple of times to give it a thick shiny effect.  Finally I added some dew drops to the tree. The tag was a little distressed before I started so I was looking for a grungy glitz effect.


Here is a close up of the bottom of the tag.


I'm also entering this for
Craft Stampers November Challenge,
Stamplorations November Mixed Media Challenge
and
Stamp and Stencils






Card Recipe
Stamps: Jofy
Paper: Tag, Watercolour
Ink: Ranger Archival, Versamark
Accessories: Stencil- Tim Holtz, American.
Techniques: Pan Pastels, Art Extravaganza Texture Paste White Crackle, Aleens Glitter snow , watercolour, Dew Drops

16 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Wow..what a tag making adventure following all your mixed media steps, Christine. What a fun project with so many creative artsy products and techniques. TFS my friend. I really LOVE your work of art! Hugs

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... so many mixed media elements on this tiny tag. Awesome design Christine! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining my tag event! xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Great up-cycling Christine and such a great tag too. I had to laugh as I read your post as I normally shop for those sorts of things when in the US or Canada.

Sue xx

Nstiz said...

Holy Smokes, Christine! You never disappoint! You used my favorite Jofy stamps and love what you did with them. Combined with all the mixed media elements, this tag is fabulous! What a feast for the eyes! I've gone back to look at this one several times. Just incredible and so artsy!

Trina P. said...

Fantastic mixed media tag. So much texture and dimensions. Great job upcycling.

Mac Mable said...

I always enjoy popping into your posts to admire you wonderful creations. Love the look of your tag, great techniques and such a fabulous effect x Love how you put all the elements together and great inspiration to use the tag from your jeans x

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

This is a great upcycle project Christine. The tree looks so pretty with nice elements decorating it. So glad you joined us at STAMPlorations November Mixed Media Challenge Thank you for playing along with us Christine :)
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful example of mixed media, Christine! Love that tree that's so painstakingly cut out! Wonderful background elements and mix of grunge and elegance!

Ruth said...

What a cute little tag, such textured detail and love the crackle snowflake and subdued palette, works beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

wonderfully whimsical feel to your precious little tree, love all the elements and designs you added.
xx Karen

Nstiz said...

Had to revisit this one! Was checking through tags again and choosing my favorites ones. This is at the top of my list!

Christine Alexander said...

Nancy, you are so sweet and give me so much encouragement many hugs Christine

Linda said...

Cute little tag. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

sannalippert said...

lovely tag!! Thanks for joining in with us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge! :)

Tanja said...

this is just wonderful - love all those details - thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

MariLynn said...

Love how the little tree looks on this tag. You did a beautiful job. Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge.