Thursday 16 November 2017

November CAS Watercolour Mid Month Reminder

It's the middle of November and time for CAS Watercolour Mid Month reminder, if anyone has checked out my "about me" page you will know I have 2 absolutely gorgeous and sweet golden retrievers Dylan (4yrs) and Tika (18mths) so you'll understand why I love this adorable puppy.  I ended up making 2 cards, the first card I made I didn't think it was quite CAS enough, so I made a second for the challenge.
As the stamp image is quite large, I created a square card which is 5 1/2" by 5 1/2" for the challenge.  I watercoloured the image and used some pencils to add some shading to the puppy and his hat.  I added some Wink of Stella to give the white on his Santa's hat a little sparkle.  The background has a little water colour wash.


This is the one I opted not to post, just a little less CAS with the black frame and darker wash on an A2 Card.  This was such an easy image to colour I think I'll do a few more as I have a few dog owner friends😊

For lots of great holiday inspiration pop over the CAS Watercolour challenge and play along.  Ina of Little Bits of Craft is our awesome guest designer for this month so hop over check out her gorgeous cards and don't for get to say hello.





Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampendous puppy, Paper Smooches sentiment, Amuse sentiment,
Paper 140 lb watercolour paper, black, 110 lb white, Linen cream
Ink: Ranger Archival
Accessories: Frantage, Simon Says Stamp Square stitched die, Wink of Stella,
Techniques: Watercolouring

15 comments:

Loll said...

Both cards are awesome, Christine. Of course, you have to love that sweet face! Adorable puppy image. Wonderful watercolouring! xx

Mac Mable said...

Both fabulously CAS cards to me...I am no CAS purist, always pushing the boundaries LOL ....So very cute and that image is adorable x

nancy littrell said...

I Love both your puppy cards, Christine. But aren't you glad you decided to make a 2nd card? Now you have 2 adorable cards for your puppy friends. Love how you added the splattered snow on the 2nd card. TFS my friend. Hugs

Unknown said...

Both gorgeous cards the puppy is really sweet and I love your watercolouring
Hugs Kaz xx

Bonnie said...

What an adorable puppy, Christine! I love both versions and I know your friends will love this too!

Pat said...

Both these cards featuring this cute and beautifully coloured puppy look fabulous Christine. x

Susan said...

Love both of them, Christine - the CAS Watercolour one is definitely more CAS, but the second one with the splattering of snow is my favourite. Such a sweet pup - a perfect Christmas image for animal lovers.

Nstiz said...

He's adorable and you colored him so perfectly! Love the watercolor wash, something I just can't seem to get quite right! You managed to shade him so beautifully too! I not only have to have that stamp, I just went and got it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Christine Alexander said...

Nancy,you will love him he's sooooo adorable. I couldn't get him unmounted so had to take him off his wooden block but still love him and he stamps so much better :)

Trina P. said...

Aww... he’s so cute in both versions. Beautiful watercolouring. Love the background wash.

Ina G said...

I looooooooooove both cards Christine. Who wouldn't with that cute Puppy with his Santa hat on. Lovely colouring.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so precious...such a sweet card.
xx Karen

Papercraft Boutique said...

These are such adorable puppies, Christine! I can tell your love of Dylan and Tika from these cards. Fabulous watercolouring, and shading. I LOVE both cards! Hideko

Red Queen Art Creations said...

He is just about the cutest little pup ever! Really gorgeous Christine xx

BożenA said...

What a cute dog! I love the delicate image. Very sweet Christmas card.
hugs,
BozenA