Thursday, 1 October 2026

CAS Christmas - Poinsettia


Hi everyone it's time for CAS Christmas card Card challenge. This month our host is Colleen and Colleen wants us to pull out your Poinsettia stamps or dies.



My first card is a Memory box Poinsettia die which I cut out of watercolour card sprayed with red inks and then framed with a thin gold square frame.

My second card is a very stylized poinsettia, the Penny Black Glorious poinsettia which has been die cut for a swatch of paper which had a Gell print on it. As it was on Copy paper I glued it to card stock before attaching it to the card. I love the masculine look and colours.

We hope you join us and create a few Poinsettia Christmas cards to add to your Christmas stash.



Card Recipe
Stamps: Card 1 Sentiment-Stampers Anonymous,  Card 2 Sentiment -Tracy Evans
Paper: Card 1 Watercolour, Card 1 Copy paper and White 60 lb, 110 lb white for the Card Bases
Ink: Stampin Up Real Red, Versafine Clair Grey
Accessories: Memory Box Die, Penny Black Glorious Die, Spray Red Inks
Techniques: Die cutting, Water colouring

9 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs with poinsettias, Christine! What a sweet little bloom on the first one - so pretty with the angled gold frame and the second is stunning - cut out from your gell print! Julia xx

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful cards and so perfectly CAS xx

Lisa Elton said...

I like both versions, Christine! They're just lovely!

crafty-stamper said...

Both great CAS cards, love the beautiful poinsettias -but the second fabulous one is my favourite.
Carol x

BożenA said...

Perfect CAS cards. I love the traditional red poinsettia; set within a fine gold frame, it looks very elegant. The gel print on the second poinsettia reminds me a bit of plaid flannel, which is a perfect fit for a masculine card. Great design and a wonderful choice of paper for that poinsettia. Thank you for two beautiful sources of inspiration.
hugs,
BożenA xx

Leslie Miller said...

I love how you've cut each poinsettia from selections of your beautiful backgrounds. Clean and simple perfection on each card, and the second has a very cool and masculine look to the gell print.

Pat said...

Two wonderful CAS cards Christine and I love the simplicity of the first die cut from tones of red sprayed card and added inside that pretty gold frame, and the second totally different look using a gelli plate piece cut using a different larger poinsettia die, and a much more masculine look in grey and white which looks great. x

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Christine. I love the bright red poinsettia with the gold scalloped frame. So pretty!! Love the scoring detail at the bottom to add something special. Your second card is to artistic! I LOVE how your gel print is used with this beautiful poinsettia die. A perfect masculine Christmas card!! xx

Linda said...

Christine, I love that lovely water colored poinsettia with the gold frame around it. Fantastic card.