Hi everyone, it's time for CAS Christmas card challenge. Our host this month is Julia, and Julia wants us to pull out Santa Sleigh and give it a bit of a clean up before Christmas.
For my card, I've used an old stamp from High Hopes with Santa pulling Rudolf in the sleigh and stamped him on Watercolour paper. I did a thin watercolour wash around Santa and Rudolf, let it dry and then watercolored using the darker colours. I painted all the white parts of Santa's outfit with White ink and then re-stamped the image. The white ink is solid enough to cover any watercolour contamination on the main image. I used some pencils to add a little shading to the watercolouring and finally I die cut the frame using a Memory box die.
While I was thinking about Santa's sleigh I pulled out another stamp which I've had for many years and never used it. It was free in a magazine which I picked up in the UK. I think this is my favourite, I managed to accidentally create some clouds in the sky which is something I fined really difficult. I used the same technique to colour the image.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Card 1 High Hopes, Sentiment Rubbernecker,
Card 2 Free set from a magazine (main image and sentiment), Impression Obsession -tree tops
Paper: 110lb White, Black, Watercolour
Ink: Versifie Clair Nocturn
Accessories:Memory box die (card 1), watercolours, Pencils
Techniques: Watercolouring, Die Cutting
Ink: Versifie Clair Nocturn
Accessories:Memory box die (card 1), watercolours, Pencils
Techniques: Watercolouring, Die Cutting
7 comments:
The Santa pulling the reindeer card really cracked me up, Christine! And Santa doesn't seem to mind the reversal of roles! Beautiful coloring on this, and then we have your more traditional of Santa flying off with lovely coloring on your 2nd card! Julia xx
Your cards are painted perfectly. Thank you for the tips and sharing some secrets on how to achieve such perfection. Two beautiful cards, the first one is so fun. And the second one... that stamp is amazing. Looking at this card makes me feel like I'm floating above the treetops!
I'm so happy to see your new cards :-) It was worth the wait, because as always, you left me breathless.
Hugs,
BożenA xx
Two great cards featuring Santa and his sleigh. The first one made me smile with Rudolph getting Santa to do the hard work of pulling the sleigh. I like the way you framed it. And the second one is a great image - what a lucky freebie!
Santa looks tuckered out pulling Rudoph. :) Looks like Rudolph fills the sleigh too ... no room for gifts! :) Fun image, Christine. Love your wash background and the whimsical double frame ... perfect for this image! Gorgeous second card with a wonderful image. Great watercolour wash for the background. Lovely colouring of the image. xx
Both are awesome and beautifully coloured. I'm partial to cute cards... and it's cuteness overload on the first one! Guess Rudolph is giving Santa a taste of his own medicine. 😂 Love it!
Two beautiful cards, love the first fun image and then the more traditional one, both beautifully coloured.
Carol x
Wonderful cards. I particularly like the fun image on the first one xx
Post a Comment