Sunday 28 July 2024

Group of Seven - Kaleidoscope

Hi Everyone, it's time for the Group of Seven's monthly technique. This month we've chosen Kaleidoscope as our technique.

Jenny of My Paper Epiphany introduced us to the Kaleidoscope technique  when she posted this card on her blog.
The technique is to create a background by either stamping or stenciling. You can watercolour loosely not worrying about going over the lines or by stenciling a background. You then cut it into half inch strips shuffling the strips around so they no longer create an image. I used flowers on both cards unfortunately I don't know who makes the stamps. When you shuffle the 

Card 1- Flower stamp and water colours, Lavinia boot and Lavinia stencil, Impression Obsession sentiment.


Card 2- Poinsettia background stamp, Sentiment Visible Image (no longer available)


I hope you join us in trying out this technique.



11 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely panels created using this technique Christine - My fav is the lovely blues and red used in the coloring of the stamping on the PEACE card - Julia xx

Darnell said...

Your designs are great with just three strips jumbled both vertical and horizontal with room for another image / sediment! I love them both! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Lovely stenciling on the first card and a wonderful poinsettia stamp and coloring on your second.

HilaryJane said...

Love this. That technique adds such an interesting twist. It is really very effective xx

Pat said...

Wonderful examples of this fun kaleidoscope technique Christine, and I love the first with the fun boot to go with the pretty vertical floral and background stencilling, and then the Christmas card with the lovely poinsettia image and used horizontally this time and the super swirly sentiment makes a great centrepiece. x

Bonnie said...

Two wonderful examples of this technique, Christine! I love both layouts!

Susan said...

Fabulous job on our techique, Christine! I really love that Christmas one - the colours in the poinsettia are so pretty and work so well with the gold embossing.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Two fabulous cards! I love the mixed media artsy look of the first card and the wonderful CAS design of the second!

Loll said...

Two lovely cards using the Kaleidoscope technique, Christine. Both your images that you've watercoloured and cut up are so beautiful. Love the addition of the fabulous boot and stenciled background for the first card ... and the wonderful CAS design of your second card with the large PEACE sentiment. Great work! xx

Leslie Miller said...

This looks like a fun technique and you certainly made some beautiful cards with it. Love the stamps. I've had a nice visit today, viewing your cards from the last 30 days. I'm sorry it took me so long to get here.

Trina P. said...

Interesting technique. Would be a great way to use up pp I may or may not like. 😂