Friday 28 June 2024

Group of Seven - Monochromatic

Hi everyone, it's time for the Group of Seven's Monthly technique, this month we have a design element for you with our Monochromatic cards.
Monochromatic is one colour in different shades, and we could use white, black and metallic for small accents.

Card 1 - I used my new BetterPress plate with different shades of Archival inks and BetterPress sentiment. This was such a quick card I will probably make a few more.

Card 2 - Penny Black poinsettia, unknown background stamp, Sentiment Mama Elephant Easy Christmas Sentiments. The Poinsettia was stamped in Versamark and heat set white embossing powder then coloured with Zig pens.


Card 3 - Stampanory sentiment and image, Coffee stained stenciled background using Paper Artsy Christmas Stencil. the image was coloured with Tombo markers and a glitter pen over the wings and the stars.

I'm entering some of these cards into the following Challenges
NBUS  Challenge #63 with my New BetterPress Plate Card 1
Peace on Earth Challenge #66 with my Green Poinsettia Card 2
Christmas Card Throw down - June Challenge Colour an image  with my Angels Card 3


Card Recipe
Stamps: See individual cards
Paper:
Ink:
Accessories:
Techniques:

13 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a gorgeous snowy path in the forest on your first card Christine - So beautiful in the blues! Your green poinsettia looks lovely against the text and outlined in white - and I just love that trio of angels on your pretty ornament card - all in browns! Julia xx

crafty-stamper said...

All beautiful cards but love the first one with the snowy path and trees.
Carol x

Lisa Elton said...

I like that you used this technique to make Christmas cards! Three beauties, Christine!

Darnell said...

These are great inspiration designs for the monochrome element, Christine! That first card took my breath away! It's hard to believe that it was quick because it looks like it took a long time to create. Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS, too! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I hadn't seen this Betterpress plate and it makes a stunning card! Wow! Love that green poinsettia and how the white embossing pops off these shades of green. Love those sweet angels too. Three great examples of monochromatic cards, my friend!

Brenda in IN said...

That Betterpress card is fantastic. I'm about to break down and get one when I see all these stunning cards made with it. Beautiful poinsettia and I love the brown card. Great examples of monochromatic.

Darlene said...

All three are just BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Loll said...

Your first card is a STUNNER!! LOVE that gorgeous scene and your shades of blue are just perfect. You and Bonnie are wearing me down about getting the BetterPress. :) LOVE the shades of green for your poinsettia. It's fun and artsy with the stamped background. And your last card is awesome with the coffee stenciling. I'm loving all the warm and cozy cards you make with the coffee staining. Sweet image and beautifully coloured. Fabulous cards, Christine! xx

Susan said...

My favourite is of course the blue and white one - such a beautiful serene winter scene. But I also love the poinsettia with the text background, the darker shades of green in the flower, and the placement of the sentiment - thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth with that card. The third card is great in the shades of brown - such a sweet image inside the ornament.

HilaryJane said...

Three beautiful and very different cards to showcase this technique. Love them all. thanks for all the inspiration xx

Nstiz said...

All three cards are beautiful but that first one stole my heart! It's fantastic and LOVE that letter press image. Wish it was a stamp. It's just gorgeous!

Stef said...

I love your monochromatic poinsettia card in green! Thanks for the inspiration, Stef

Leslie Miller said...

Holy cow, I can barely move past your first card, it's so utterly gorgeous. So beautiful it hurts. I do also love the green on green poinsettia card and the coffee stained ornament card, but the snow scene takes my breath away.