Sunday 28 January 2024

Group of Seven Cardmakers - AI's and Gilding Flakes


Hi everyone it's time for the Group of Seven Cardmakers monthly technique and this moth we have Alcohol inks and Gilding flakes.

The instructions are contained in the videos below
Videos:
Alcohol Inks + Gilding Flakes by Neat and Tangled (11:03)

For my cards I used Yupo and  Graffix White Duralar, I do love how the Alcohol float around the surface when you add Isopropyl alcohol. 
It took me a while to create some good inky edges for the gilding flakes to stick to but I got there in the end. I think both Yupo and Duralar worked the same, so now I have another use for my Duralar.


Duralar, Impression Obsession vertical sentiment, Memory Box Dragon Fly corner die cut


Yupo, Chocolate Baroque- Let's get Festive Sentiments, Memory Box die cut

Yupo, Memory Box die cut



Card Recipe
Stamps: Impression Obsession, Chocolate Baroque
Paper:Yupo, Duralar, Black, Silver, 110lb White
Ink: Alcohol inks, Versafine Clair
Accessories: Memory Box Dies, Gilding Flakes
Techniques: Gilding Flakes and Alcohol inks

15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous cards and great techniques-I really love the first one.
Carol x

Bonnie said...

Ooh, I especially love your dragonflies, Christine! Your alcohol ink backgrounds and choice of die cuts are all fantastic!

Darnell said...

Beautiful cards, Christine! It's great to see the results with silver flakes. I have to say you used my favorite colors on that first one and I love it as a background for those airy dragonflies! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Gorgeous combination of AI colours on each of your three cards, Christine. So pretty with the sparkle from the silver gilding flakes. Great work getting the flakes to stick!! xx

Julia Aston said...

Three beautiful designs from your panels Christine - the white die cuts are so pretty over the panels on your first two - and your third panel really pops inside the black framing - that one looks like a piece of granite (or marble??? Julia xx

nancy littrell said...

Three Gorgeous cards using different alcohol ink color combo backgrounds. Love how you kept your designs CAS too... TFS my friend..each was a favorite!!! Love and Hugs..Nancy

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, the colors you picked look so good on all three cards. The designs look wonderful and great die cuts on the cards too. I keep going back to look at the last cards colors. That combination is so terrific.

Trina P. said...

Oh wow, all so beautiful, Christine! The shine IRL must be amazing. Love the first one with the dragonflies… awesome colours and design with the vertical sentiment (enabler alert! 😂).

Lisa Elton said...

The dragonfly card is my favorite, but they all turned out great!

HilaryJane said...

Stunning, you have to love alcohol inks when you see cards like these. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful trio of AI cards with the gold flakes, Christine! I think my fave is the dragon fly card but all are fabulous!! Thanks for the inspiration with this technique!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, gorgeous, Christine! I love the soft, dreamy colors on your first card especially. And look at you getting two Christmas cards done! I need to stay on track with that. Alcohol inks do make the most beautiful and interesting backgrounds. The gilding flakes take it up a notch.

BożenA said...

These alcohol backgrounds are spectacular, Christine. I love how the mascara changed its color intensity wonderfully when I added alcohol. And I love how the colors intertwine, as if the dancers were intertwining their silk ribbons. I love your gold leaf cards.
Hugs,
BożenA

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the different inked backgrounds on each one. Love the cheerful colors on the dragonfly card and vertical sentiment.

nwilliams6 said...

Wow. These are all just wonderfully done. You are the technique queen for sure. Love them all. hugz