Tuesday 28 November 2023

Group of Seven Technique - Smooshing with Cling Wrap

Hi everyone, it's time for the Group of Seven Cardmakers technique post. This month we had fun with Smooshing Cling wrap. This has been one of my favourite background techniques.


There are a few videos for you to check out as there are lots of ways to apply the colour to your plastic wrap.
Videos: 

I found applying the inky cling wrap to coated card gave the best colour transfer. Coated card allows the colour to sit on the surface for a short time before it is absorbed. I reused my plastic wrap after the initial colour transfer. You can see from the two pictures below, the first transfer is really dark, for the second I spritzed the cling wrap again before making the print. The colours are so soft in those prints, I think they are my favourites.



Card 1 Visible image Stamps and Clearly Besotted Sentiment, Water colour card stock and Lindys Sprays, Versafine Clair to stamp the image, White Gel pen to add highlights


Card 2- Crafty Individuals stamp, 110 lb white card, first Generation Bister Powders, Versafine Clair ink and watercolour pens to colour the image.

 

Card 3 - Pink Ink Design Stamp, Coated Card, Second generation Bister Powder, Versafine Clair Nocturn, Posca Pens, watercolour pens to colour the image


Card 4 -AALL and Create stamps, Watercolour Card, Nuance Powders, Versamark ink and white Embossing powder, Versafine Clair Nocturn for the Sentiment



I hope you try out this fun technique with us.


Card Recipe
Stamps:
Paper:
Ink:
Accessories:
Techniques:

15 comments:

Julia Aston said...

what wonderful large cells you achieved with your cling wrap Christine! and such a great idea to reapply the spritzed wrap on another panel! Such different, and all beautiful, looks! Julia xx

nancy littrell said...

WOW!!!! Such beautiful and clever 1st and 2nd generation backgrounds using Bisters, Nuance Powders and sprays. I need to come back when I have more time to see all your techniques and MM supplies...TFS my clever and creative MM friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

nancy littrell said...

I am Back!!!
I just spent more quality time on your gorgeous cards using your Bisters and Nuance Powders and sprays. I have the Bisters and Love all your cards, but your Card 2 is my favorite where you used 1st Generation Bisters:-) I really want to Case your beauty and add to our Group of 7 Linky:-) TFS and always inspiring me to create Mixed Media cards, my friend. I even have a couple of cool Visible Image Christmas stamp sets to play with...I plan to use Bisters too...see...you have my creative head spinning with ideas:-) TFS and always inspiring me, Stay tuned....:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Lisa Elton said...

Your backgrounds turned out great! These are all fantastic, Christine!

Darnell said...

Great post, Christine! I like the idea of spritzing and reusing the cling wrap a second time. If it was on a video, I missed it; if it was your idea, well done! All your cards are incredible. I love that mushroom man, but my fave is that last vibrant one! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

I LOVE your backgrounds using the coated card stock, Christine. You got such amazing cells ... and the colours are gorgeous. What a fantastic idea to spritz the cling wrap after pulling it from your first background and reapplying to a second piece of card stock. The colours are so soft and dreamy, but you still can see the amazing cells. I definitely need to try that. Inspiring as always, my friend. xx

Brenda in IN said...

Re=using is a great idea and I like the soft results. All of the cards are so pretty and the image on card three is so cute.

HilaryJane said...

Wow, 4 really amazing cards. I love the mushroom one best xx

Bonnie said...

I haven't tried this technique by inking the wrap and pressing into the cardstock! You got awesome results so I definitely need to try it! Four fantastic cards, my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant selection of amazing work my friend using amazing cling wrap xx

Pat said...

Fabulous cards using this clingfilm technique Christine and I love them all but my particular favourites are the first and last, but a great tip about spritzing and reusing the film on a second piece with softer but still beautiful results. x

Susan said...

Beautiful results from our Group of Seven technique, Christine. I especially love the last one (of course, since it's blue). But interesting to see the different results from sprays, bister, etc. on different types of cs.

Leslie Miller said...

I have to say these backgrounds are incredible! Beautiful cards, Christine. Very cool! I love that whimsical mushroom!

Trina P. said...

Wow! Different products used and all amazing results! Love the mushroom card the best… the background has awesome movement.

BożenA said...

So many amazing cards, Christine. I love your backgrounds and you're right, reusing foil creates a completely different effect. Thank you very much for sharing this information
xx