Monday 28 August 2023

Group of Seven Monthly technique - Ink Blending with Water Lifting

Hi everyone this month the Group of Seven Crafters are having some fun with Ink Blending and Ink Lifting.


To make the cards we used Kristina Werner ink blending  colour combinations with Distress Oxide inks, you can check them out in the links below.

And Jennifer McGuire describes how to lift ink using water (Faux Bleach technique)
Video:  Easy Distress + Water Technique by Jennifer McQuire (28:03) - watch from 3:45 - 15:15 to see technique only.

I found the darker inks give a better lift when removing the colour, for this card I also added some background ink lifting with a text stamp.

Card 1- Rubber Dance Flowers and Background Text Stamp Set. Distress Oxide inks-Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet.



Card 2- Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Snowman and Sentiment. Distress Oxide inks- Antique Linen, Old Paper, Speckled Egg. You can just see the Snowman and ornament are slightly lighter than the background. I love the soft colours on this one.


Card 3- AALL and Create Tracey Evans Stag Stamp Set, Distress Oxide inks- Black Soot, Speckled Egg, Antique Linen.


Card 4- Stampers Anonymous Stamp Set, Distress Oxide Inks- Unchartered Mariner, Speckled Egg, Kitsch Flamingo.




Card Recipe
Stamps: Rubber Dance, Stampers Anonymous, AALL and Create, 
Paper: Smooth White, Black
Ink: Ranger Distress Oxide, Versafine Clair Nocturn
Accessories: Embossing Powders, Heat Gun, Blending Tools
Techniques: Ink Blending, Heat Embossing

17 comments:

nancy littrell said...

TFS all 4 of your cards using ink blending on each card and water lifting on the cards..you are right..the water lifting is more noticeable with darker colors. TFS your cards and descriptions, Christine. Because of a crazy busy gardening and harvesting month I only had a chance to make one card, but know I will be using the technique again..Love and Hugs...

Darnell said...

Wow, Christine, you get the prize for Most Inspiring with your four incredible designs! Such excellent examples of ink-blending! I love the look of your vertically blended backgrounds! Hugs, Darnell

HilaryJane said...

Beautiful. I am loving this technique. thanks for all the inspiration. I hope I get round to giving it a go. I think I say that every month! xx

Julia Aston said...

I love all of the color mixes you've used on your pretty samples Christine! I think I like the stag card the best. You mixed up the colors of embossing powder you used on each as well - I just used black for some unknown reason???!!! Julia xx

Colleen said...

Christine, these are all so different and each unique and beautiful. What a fun technique! thanks for the inspiration!!

Loll said...

I love all the colour blending combinations you've used, Christine. The first card is bold and beautiful and I love that you did some lifted text in the background as well a lifting colour from the blooms. Very creative! Your Christimas cards are all wonderful ... great way to build your stash. It won't be long before we will be mailing them out ---ouch! :) Love, Lolly

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a variety of backgrounds you got, Christine! Love the bright colors but the more subtle background gives a very different feel! It's amazing how the colors of embossing changes the whole feel of the cards too!

Lisa Elton said...

I always think of blending horizontally, but I like your vertical versions! These are all wonderful cards, Christine!

Susan said...

Four fabulous cards! Great colour choices on each! The flowers on the first one are beautiful. And I never would have thought of using that Tim Holtz snowman stamp with the waterlifting technique but it looks great done that way.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this!❤️ Stunning and amazing cards Christine x

Pat said...

Wow, you got busy with this mix of technique Christine, and all really beautiful. I love that two have stronger coloured backgrounds and then two are much softer, and using terrific images on each...brilliant results. x

Brenda in IN said...

All four look beautiful and the blended colors are lovely. I love the second card, it is so ethereal. All your cards came out fantastic.

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous! I love color and all methods of ink lifting and you have some beautiful samples here. I'm especially fond of the ghostly effect of lifting with a stamp, such as your text, and now I'm all inspired to try the paintbrush technique. Love the color blends you've chosen, too.

Trina P. said...

All awesome inspirations. Fabulous blending. Love how beautiful the white embossed images pop on the first card.

Papercraft Boutique said...

All four cards are stunning, Christine! I love the wonderful variety of the cards, especially the vertical ink-blended cards! The heat-embossed images and the ink color combos are so beautiful too.
Hideko xx

nwilliams6 said...

Super pretty! You are such an expert at this technique and your images are all fabulous. Wow. Hugz

BożenA said...

Beautiful rainbow cards. You have an amazing set of cards
xx