Friday 28 July 2023

Group of Seven - Colouring Dry Embossing

Hi everyone, it's time for the monthly technique from the Group of Seven Crafters. This month Bonnie is getting us to  colour Dry Embossed images.


We used a few different methods of colouring the embossing, and as you can see I had a lot of fun with my Embossing folders.

Cards 1,2,3 Swiping with Pigment inks- I used Nellies Choice Slimline Poinsettia Embossing folder  Kraft card and swiped with Versafine Clair Tulip and Delecata Gold.


I managed to make a total of 3 cards with my embossed image, the second and third cards  get progressively more CAS. The background stamp is from Stampendous.



Card 4- Sizzix Poinsettia watercoloured with my Daniel Smith Watercolours, I found zigs didn't work as well on the watercolour paper after it had been embossed. The embossing changes how the water is absorbed. I loved how the watercolours pooled in the creases of the embossed areas.


Cards 5,6 Small Blending brushes and Elements inks on my Simon Says Stamp 3D embossing folders. I touched up some of the surface with coloured pencils.


I think this set is my favourite 😏


Card 7  Pencils colouring on a Crafters companion 3D embossing folder (Precious Poinsettias). This one was so relaxing to do but took quite a while to finish. I also used a glitter pen to outline the veins of the poinsettia.




Card Recipe
Stamps: Mama Elephant Sentiments, Stampendous Background stamp
Paper: Water Colour Paper, 110lb Whit, Black, Kraft
Ink: Versafine Clair, Distress Oxide, Delecata Gold, Elements Ink Pads.
Accessories: Embossing folders, Pencils, Glitter Gel pen
Techniques: Colouring Dry Embossing

17 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Thanks for sharing all these examples of the technique, they are all fabulous and I admire how you have kept the colour on the raised bits. I seem to struggle with that. Such excellent inspiration, thank you xx

Julia Aston said...

My goodness Christine! you sure did a good play with this technique and such beautiful embossing folders used - LOVE all the cards you were able to create with your poinsettia EF, the gold looks lovely with the Tulip color - that text background looks wonderful with the two smaller ones. They are all beauties but my fav is the one you mentioned as yours - the beautiful lilies - such wonderful blended colors on them! Julia xx

Loll said...

WOW! You really went to town with these techniques, Christine. And we are the beneficiaries!! Gorgeous cards made with awesome techniques. I love each and every one. I'm going to have to get some stamped backgrounds with that gorgeous Christmas words. :) xx

Darnell said...

I'm rather speechless at both your productivity this month, Christine, and at the stunning examples you created! What an inspiring post this is. You even make me want to give this another go sometime! I don't have a favorite, but I do love the way you telescoped your first designs to make them progressively CASer. That's cool! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning! Christine your cards are all so beautiful and love the embossing folders you used, brilliant colours too.. great square frame as well wow factor xx

nancy littrell said...

Wow!!!!! Seven Gorgeous cards using the different Colouring Techniques on 3D EB Folders, my friend. All your Christmas cards are so unique and beautiful. Love your lilies cards too. Impossible to chose a favorite...TFS all your inspiring techniques, Christine. I know I will be making more cards, especially holiday cards using these techniques. TFS and always inspiring all of us with your mixed media techniques. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Brenda in IN said...

Those three cards with the red and gold and the designs you made are simply stunning. I like every single card and all the techniques you did. This is a lovely group of cards, Christine.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS and beautiful cards.
x

Susan said...

What a fabulous batch of cards! You've really mastered the techniques. I love the way you got three cards out of the Nellies poinsettia folder - the third one is so lovely with just that tiny piece of poinsettia. And they are very striking with the red on kraft! On your other cards, your painting and blending turned out so much better than mine did. Such a great idea to use the glitter pen on card 7 - it's so striking with the veins outlined in gold.

Bonnie said...

You really excelled at these techniques, Christine! No matter what coloring medium you used, you got awesome results! I feel some CASEing coming on, my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

OMGoodness, Christine, you've got an amazing collection here! I'm totally blown away. Beautiful embossing folders and mad skills at all the coloring techniques. My favorites are always the ones with brushed on inks, but I love how you touched up with pencil. Now I'm thinking maybe I'll want to try some pencil coloring. I'll just bookmark this whole post as a reminder. Color me stunned!

Trina P. said...

Boy, major eye candy with this post! Incredible set of coloured dry embossed cards.

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Each one is as incredible and beautiful as the next, Christine!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, your talent truly shines in these cards, Christine!
Whether it's the coloring techniques or the choices of coloring medium, the results on the 3D Embossed images are all awesome! Using the Kraft card creates a unique look for the ink swiped poinsettia embossed image. And I love that you made 3 cards out of the background! The lilies cards are so pretty too! Thanks for your inspiration!
Hideko xx

Pamela Duncan said...

This came at a perfect time for me as I was looking for different ways to use my 3D folders! All of your cards are amazing and the video links are very helpful. I am excited and can't wait to try out the different techniques!

Pat said...

Wow Christine seven gorgeous cards using these different ways of colouring embossing folders and I love them all! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. x

BożenA said...

oh, WOW! So many cards and so many techniques! I had no idea that so many different things could be done with embossed cardboard. You are amazing presenting all these wonderful cards!
xx