Friday 22 July 2022

Stamping with a Gelli Plate

Hi Everyone, today pulled out out one of my small gelli plates which comes as a set of 3 shapes (oval, rectangle and hexagon). I inked it up with some colour box Stephanie Barnard water based Dye inks. The ink sits on the surface of the gelli plate and give such a different look to acrylic paints.
The gelli plate is small enough to be used as a stamp so before adding the inks I attached it to an acrylic block swiped Seaglass and Mustard over the surface leaving a small gap so I didn't contaminate the ink pads. Then used the brayer to layer the inks.
I used the bird on a wire stamp and stamped it in Versafine Clair Nocturn but avoiding the bubbles, the bubbles were stamped in Versafine Clair Morning Mist. When the ink was dry I added some glossy accents to the bubbles.


I'm entering this for CAS Mix up's Challenge watercolour things with wings challenge (water based ink pads) and wings (my Magenta bird on a wire)






Card Recipe
Stamps: Magenta
Paper: 110lb white
Ink: Versafine, Colour box
Accessories: Gelli Plate
Techniques: Gelli plate printing, OLC

14 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful gel background, Christine! I love how the colors and the brayering gave it look of mountains, sky and ground! Awesome bird and bubbles too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Love your CAS OLC with your bird on a branch, Christine. Your watercolored background from your gelli print does look like a sky, mts and ground scene. So clever and creative, mf. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

HilaryJane said...

I love the look you got with your mini gel plate and watercolour inks, it has such great texture. So nice to see you in the mix up gallery too xx

Brenda in IN said...

Using the gelli plate made a unique background that is so subtle. This is just gorgeous.

Susan said...

Great gelli plate background - makes a subtle scene for the bird to be stamped against. Great idea to add glossy accents to the bubbles. A fabulous CAS card!

Linda said...

I love your gelli plate print ..... it's the perfect background scene for that cute little bird. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Love the gelli print background Christine. How cool to have small shaped gelli plates that can be used as stamps. I love the silhouette bird on a wine. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, I like the simplicity of this beautiful card, Christine!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful CAS bird card, Christine! I love the subtle colors and visual texture of the small oval gelli background! The shiny bubbles are not only eye-catching, but give the card layout good balance.
Hideko xx

Pat said...

The oval gelli plate background is perfect with that super silhouette bird on a wire Christine and I love the colours. x

Trina P. said...

So cool gelli plates come in shapes. It made a fab background for your bird silhouette.

Nstiz said...

What a fantastic print and fabulous design! I love this and may have to case it. I still have not used ink on the gelli plate but maybe time to try that after seeing this. Gorgeous card!

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely print and image. Such a great look and great card, Christine. Hugz

BożenA said...

I love the blending of the colors in your background. A unique and perfect background for any idea. Great project, Christine.
xx