Tuesday 3 September 2019

CAS Christmas Card Challenge (holiday treats)

Hi Everyone, it's time for September's CAS Christmas Card Challenge and this month it's all about Holiday treats. Our host this month is Nance, and our Guest Designer is Birgit (Rapport Fran ett Skrivbord)

 

My little treat is a Smores Snowman. I've had this Cottage Cutz die cut for years, so it was the perfect to  excuse to use it.
I die cut the parts in cream, brown, kraft, green, white and red card stock and added a little shading using ink pads and a sponge. His nose has some glossy accents for shape and shine.


I used a memory box snowflake stencil as a background.


 


Card Recipe
Stamps: Altenew sentiment
Paper: 110lb Cream, off cuts of Green, Kraft, Brown, Red and White.
Ink: Ranger archival, Distress inks (edges of die cut)
Accessories: Cottage Cutz (Mr Smores), Memory box stencil, glossy accents
Techniques: Die cutting, stencilling

17 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun die, Christine! I love your color combo and fabulous details...this little snowman is adorable and your stenciled background is just perfect! Barb xx

Loll said...

DARLING!! I love this marshmellow snowman. He's so cute and I LOVE the way you've created this sledding route with the snowflake stencil in the background. So clever and creative!! xx

Marcia Hill said...

Just had to stop by and take a closer look at your S'mores Snowman Christine...for years I collected the S'mores Snowmen ornaments and still put quite a few on my tree each year, minus the ones my girls have taken off with to decorate their own trees when they moved out and got married!! Your card is absolutely ADORABLE and I really like your softly stenciled background too! Cute, CUTE card!! :0)

aussie aNNie said...

Loving this snowman, wow he is so cute and the stencil is gorgeous..xx

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, FUN!! Christine, this is so dang adorable I can hardly stand it! LOVE it!

Trina P. said...

Super fun card, Christine. This s’more-man is so cool! Sponging the different parts gives great dimension. xx

Colleen said...

I had to do a double take on this fabulous card! The snowman is so cute, why did it take so long for you to use it? And your background is really stunning, so softly subtle, but the snowflakes add a lot to the card! Have a great week! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Nstiz said...

Oh my gosh is this ever cute! I've never seen that die before but love your sponging and shading on him. What an adorable card!

Bonnie said...

This smores snowman is adorable, Christine! I love how you've colored him and the soft snowflake stenciling behind him! Love, love, love this treat!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Too cute for words, Christine!! Sweet treat and I love the stenciled snowflakes behind!!

Ros Crawford said...

Aww! This is adorable and the stenciling looks terrific behind that cute guy!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your Smores Snowman is so adorable, Christine! The shading and sponging are so well done that I want to eat him! ;-) Love the subtle snowflake stenciling in the background too.
Hideko xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is so adorable and yummy looking. I love that chocolate kiss on top of his head. This is a fun card.

ahlers5 said...

Adorable marshmallow snowman. Love the chocolate kiss on his head!

BożenA said...

Your snowman is so cute. I love the character elements composed of them. Great background for this card
Hugs,
BożenA

Mac Mable said...

What a cute snowman and such a pretty card x

nwilliams6 said...

So totally adorable! Love the way you did the bg and that die cut is sooooooo cute. Hugz