Saturday 17 August 2019

Paper Towel Ink Transfer

Hi everyone I thought I would play along with a few challenge and CAS Mix up gave me the inspiration to use a Paper towel, check out the challenge for a few ways to use paper towel on your cards.
 For my card, I pulled a paper towel out of  my spray box, the ones that catch the drips. I sprayed the paper towel with water and pressed it on to some mixed media card stock. I then stamped this magenta flower heart on the card stock and used Gouache watercoours on the flower and then re-stamped it after painting. I touched it up a with some Lyra pencils.

this is a close up of the texture from the paper towel and my Gouache watercolour paints.

I'm entering this for the following challenges

CAS Mix up Paper towel 



Water cooler Wedensday all about occasions

Enjoy this badge for your blog

The flower Challenge (favourite flower Gerbera Daisy)

 We would love you to display our badge ;)



Card Recipe
Stamps: Magenta (flower heart) Sentiment (Happy Birthday)
Paper: Mixed Media, 110lb White
Ink: Ranger archival
Accessories: Gouache watercolours, Lyra pencils
Techniques: Paper towel ink transfer, watercolouring, pencil colouring

19 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous result and this IS a great technique...I used to discard my paper towel mop ups but not anymore, and they do make a great background. What a gorgeous card.x

My Paper Epiphany said...

This is really gorgeous:)

BożenA said...

Wow! I love the subtle background and beautiful daisies. They colored them so beautifully, they have so much charm. I love this card, Christine!
Hugs,
BożenA

Viv said...

This is a lovely background created with your paper towel Christine and I love this technique. I have even begun to make inky mess on the craft mat simply to mop it up so I have a permanent supply to use! x

Mac Mable said...

The paper towel technique has worked so well on your background and looks fabulous with the pretty flowers. Great idea to use gouache to cover over the inky background. Will be giving that a go x

Loll said...

Fabulous design Christine! LOVE the gray background with the white and yellow daisies ... those colours are amazing together. I"m loving the Gouache paints and still debating about buying some. I looked at the experiments from our last get together and definitely love the look on both white and black card. xx

Mrs A. said...

That has created a lovely background using the paper towel. Flowers look gorgeous. Hugs Mrs A.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Christine! Love the paper towel imprint for the background and those gorgeous Gerber daisies! I am curious about those gouache paints. I need to check them out. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Susan Joyce said...

Wonderful Paper Towel Transfer Christine and I love your Gerbera image, gorgeous design. Thanks for playing at CAS Mix Up!

Nstiz said...

I love the soft, neutral paper towel background behind your cheerful flower heart. Great job painting it too. I'm amazed that you managed get the petals white with no background showing through. Beautiful card, Christine.

nancy littrell said...

I love your paper towel textured background, Christine for your beautifully watercolored daisies. TFS the close up too. Hugs..Nancy

Susan said...

You got wonderful texture from your paper towel! And a lovely soft colour! The daisies are beautiful!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, I love this card, Christine! Your random and artsy paper towel transfer background is fantastic! The subtle texture from the paper towel shows up nicely. The Gouache watercolored flowers look so fresh and pretty! I can't tell where you used the Lyra pencils, but I'm sure the touch-up made a big difference. Thanks so much for adding this beauty to the CAS Mix Up gallery!
Hideko xx

Gio said...

Such wonderful coloration, a card really elegant, Christine.

Trina P. said...

Love the pop of colours, your gouache watercolouring and the PT ink transfer. I’m not having much luck with that technique. Beautiful card. xx

Ros Crawford said...

OMG this is beautiful!! I adore the result and with those pretty painted flowers it's just stunning!

Jo said...

Oh I am in love. This card is totally delightful. I love the delicate background and the partial painting of the blooms is simply fabulous. Very unique and beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card and flowers. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Pat said...

This is a brilliant result using the paper towel inking technique, and I just love the texture of the paper towel showing through too. Stunning results. x