Wednesday 17 July 2019

CAS Christmas Challenge Mid Month Reminder

Hi Everyone it's time for CAS Christmas mid month reminder cards by our Guest Designer Jane (Onions and Paper) and the Design team. Our theme this month is Snowflake, so if you have any dies or stamps pull them out and come play along with us.



I have a super QCAS card for you today. I stamped my snowflake ball on white card stock in Versamark and white embossing powder. I then blended Distress inks over the image.
I used a postage stamp die for my image and popped it up on foam. I'll be making a few more of these in different colours to top up my stash of Christmas cards.


Here's a close up of the white embossed snowflake ornament.



I hope we have inspired you to come and play along with us at CAS Christmas.



Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampit Australia, Simon Says Stamp Christmas sentiments
Paper: 110lb white
Ink: Distress oxide, Versamark, Versafine Clair
Accessories: White Embossing powder, Clear Embossing powder
Techniques: Ink Blending, Heat Embossing

18 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your snowflake ball is so pretty, Christine! I love the contrast of the white image on your beautiful ink blending...especially with those lovely Oxide colors! Great idea to use the Postage Stamp die for your focal point, too...I really love this QCAS Christmas card! Barb xx

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty stamped Christmas ball and love the crisp white heat embossing against the beautiful blended background x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning snowflake ornament, Christine!! Just love it on the postage stamp and your blending of blues looks amazing!!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful blended background, Christine! I love this white embossed snowflake! A beautiful contrast with the inky background!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful bauble and love the embossing.xx

Susan said...

Love that snowflake ornament - perfect in white against the blue. The postage stamp die adds extra interest.

Dianne Johnson said...

Beautiful Christine! I love the white against the ombre blue. Very pretty and delicate.

Darnell said...

ooooh, you're enabling me with this gorgeous snowflake ornament, Christine! It works beautifully for a stunning QACAS card! Great blue blending and I love the postage stamp border!! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

It's gorgeous!! Beautiful BG and I love the overall simplistic look of this

Brenda in IN said...

Oh boy, this snowflake ornament is so pretty and white embossing really made it pop. I can see why you want to make more of this card, it is awesome.

Trina P. said...

What a cool bauble stamp. Embossing it in white really makes it pop against the beautifully ink blended background. xx

Loll said...

So pretty, Christine! Beautiful snowflake ornament and wonderful blending to create an ombre background. These would look wonderful in all different colours! xx

Nstiz said...

Love this CAS idea and blending an entire background smoothly is not always easy. Yours is well done! I've always managed to get a splotch in it somewhere. That ornament stamp rocks too!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, a very detailed stamp and absolutely beautiful embossed in white on the blue CS. One more done for Christmas! I need to get busy. I slowed down a bit and that just won't do!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so pretty, Christine! Great job of white heat-embossing the detailed bauble image and sponging so smoothly! The postage stamp shape panel is cool.
Hideko xx

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Awesome CAS card Christine! Like how you used the postage stamp die to add interest and a dimensional layer. Love that snowflake ornament stamp!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful!
x Karen

BożenA said...

Beautiful bokeh background for your openwork baubles. A wonderfully composed card, my favorite coloring :-)
xx