Wednesday 2 May 2018

Serendipity Barn

I'm participating in the Serendipity Blog hop today.

Back  in March I won a $20 gift certificate to spend at the Serendipity shop, along with that Mary invited my to take part in one of  their bi-monthly blog hops and of course I had to say yes.

I stamped the image with distress tea dye ink, watercoloured the image. I then re-inked the barn and windmill with Ranger archival mini brown and the rest with tea dye again to crisps up some of the lines.


Thistle and butterfly
I decided to create as second card for the blog hop.
My second is a thistle stamp with the butterfly.  The butterfly can be cut off and used as an individual stamp or as part of the thistle image.  This is a great twofer.
I pencil colourd on kraft and added some Nuvo glitter pen to the thistle tops and the butterfly, you can't see it on the card but it is sparkly in real life.


Just head over and leave a comment on all the blogs for the best chance of winning a $20 gift certificate. 
You have from May 2nd to the 6th to leave your comments and the winner will be announced on 
May 7th.

Christine Alexander (That's me)
Beth Chiu (Beth is away this week)



Card Recipe
Stamps: Serendipity
Paper: 110lb white, Black
Ink: Ranger distress tea dye, Ranger archival minis.
Accessories: Rectangle dies to create the frame, Watercolours
Techniques: Watercolouring
Card Recipe
Stamps: Serendipity
Paper: 110lb white, Kraft
Ink: Ranger Archival minis
Accessories: Pencils, Nuvo glitter pen
Techniques: Pencil colouring

24 comments:

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful card.

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous first card and love your water colouring and how you did the no line technique and then crisped some of the images with the archival ink, so effective x Great effect with colouring the kraft card with the pencils and so pretty to add the little bit of bling x

Viv said...

Your watercolouring is so good Christine. hard to pick a fave from these two lovely cards but think the barn one just edges it for me!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty these are, Christine! That barn & windmill is so pretty & I almost used it this week. Love the thistle on the Kraft paper.

Marybeth said...

Christine both cards are absolutely beautiful! I love the way you colored the barn such a beautiful summer barn scene! Congratulations on your GD team spot with Serendipity Stamps !

Leslie Miller said...

I've looked at Serendipity several times and you just made me go look again. Wouldn't you know I spotted something I'd love to have. This barn scene is peaceful and beautiful. It's an outstanding choice for watercoloring and you did a wonderful job on that. I've still never tried pencils on kraft. Someday... You're good with any medium.

Mary Dew Lee said...

Your cards are beautiful! The barn scene looks like a photo - the sky is just amazing! And colored pencil on Kraft paper is always one of my very favorite techniques! Thanks so much for joining us this month!

Bonnie said...

Another Serendipity stamp to go on my wish list, Christine! What a beautiful watercolor scene! Love your thistle too. It's one of my favorite Serendipity stamps!

Glennis F said...

Lovely cards, The barn scene is really great!

Colorado Crafter said...

Wonderful cards!! These are such beautiful images!!!

MaryH said...

What a serene and fantastic farm scene. I love old barns. I'm drooling over your wonderful watercoloring too. And #2 is equally stunning. The blue of the thistle and the butterfly colors show up so terrifically against the kraft background. Good job on BOTH of these lovely cards! TFS & Hugs

cghundley said...

Gorgeous designs
and coloring on
both cards.
Carla from Utah

scrappymo! said...

I so love the barn/farm scene. I grew up on a farm and always enjoy seeing farm designs. This is such a lovely card!

Susan said...

Two fabulous cards. I especially love the farm one - great watercolouring, great restamping to bring back the definition, and nice framing. Lovely thistle and butterfly on the second one. Congrats on being invited to be on the blog hop!

Nstiz said...

Your pencil work is outstanding on this! Both cards are so beautifully colored. Love the images too! I love the tailored framing of both cards too. Gorgeous cards, Christine!

nancy littrell said...

I love your country barn scene, Christine. You watercolouring turned out beautifully on both your cards. I love your pencil coloring to add more details. Stamping your 1st card images a 2nd time is really a wonderful way to add more details too. TFS my friend. Hugs

Suz said...

Love the barn, it takes me back to my childhood!

Trina P. said...

Two wonderful cards! Beautiful watercolouring on that barn card... looks like a painting! Shading with the pencils look fabulous and added amazing depth. Congrats on GD with Serendipity. xx

Sue D said...

Love both of these cards. I am partial to barns.

Pat said...

Two gorgeous cards Christine and love that barn so beautifully watercoloured and then ýour second with its pretty thistle and butterfly, and more wonderful colouring with pencils this time. Serendipity stamps are a joy to use. x

Loll said...

WOW! Gorgeous watercoloured scene Christine. This should be framed ... it is amazing. And I love your pretty thistle and butterfly card. Great work. Congrats for being invited to the blog hop! xx

BożenA said...

I love this Serendipity picture. However, the way you colored it is stunning !! And the sky looks like in reality. I can not stop looking and admire! I also love the stamp with the thistle. It looks beautiful on craft paper gently colored by you. These are two beautiful cards, Christine !!
HUGS,
BożenA

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely cards! I especially love the scene with the barn! Beautiful coloring!

Mary Holshouser said...

Wonderful scenes.
The barn is authentique
and looks so weathered.
The thistle is great and
the butterfly pops off
the card. thanks for
sharing.
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com