Monday 30 October 2017

Splash watercolour technique

Karen Dunbrook (Snippets) is hosting Technique lovers challenge over at Split Coast stampers and the technique for this week is "Splash watercolour".  Karen included a fun and easy video on splash watercolour by Loll Thompson (Stampining with Loll).
I love this technique and always have a few background on hand in different colours.  Blues are always great for wintry scenes.  I used my MISTI and some silhouette stamps to create the Santa and his sleigh scene.

While I was over at Split Coast Stampers I also thought I would join in Kia who is hosting this weeks CAS challenge which is "O Christmas Tree.
I had a Christmas tree and a bear which were sitting in my Christmas stash since last year.  The tree is alcohol inks on acetate, the bear is popped up on foam. So an easy peasy card with almost no work other than stamping the sentiment and adding a tiny gem to the tree.  I love these types of cards😀



Card Recipe
Stamps: Stampin place, MFT bear, Merry Christmas sentiment Paper Smooches.
Paper: 110lb white, mixed media, black
Ink: Ranger Distress, Distress oxide inks
Accessories: MISTI, gold gem
Techniques: Splash watercolour.

10 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE your splash watercolour background with your sweet silhouette Christmas scene Christine! Thanks for playing along with my challenge! The bear is super cute! xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful card Christine, I love the splash of watercolour card and must go and check out the video.

Sue xx

Mac Mable said...

Doesn't this technique look fabulous as an amazing background? The silhouette stamping pops against it. Fun and beautiful CAS second card, love the smiley face of that bear x

Trina P. said...

Two terrific makes. Beautiful so,ash watercolour background for a sweet scene. Will have to give that technique a try. Your second card is adorable. Love that bear set.

Nstiz said...

I've always found your backgrounds just amazing and that winter scene is no exception! I've looked high and low for a Santa and reindeer stamp like this. Can you tell me who's that is? Love it! The bear couldn't be cuter. The acetate tree looks phenomenal!

Bonnie said...

I love your snowy scene with Santa and his reindeer, Christine! And that sweet bear brings a big smile!

Darnell said...

These are both magnificent, Christine! That silhouette against your beautiful sky is gorgeous and your CASlicious polar bear and tree card is right up my alley!! Hugs, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely designs Christine! Your watercolor sky looks so cold and wintery with Santa flying by and your polar bear looks so happy sitting in front of his tree! Julia xx

BożenA said...

Two very different cards, but both very beautiful. First love for a fairytale. Everyone dreams of seeing such a vehicle in the sky :-). The second I love the sweet picture it represents. Cute Christmas cards, Christine.
Hugs,
BożenA

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it!!! fab card mf.
xx Karen