Wednesday 3 June 2020

CAS Christmas Ring the Bell for June

Hi Everyone, it's time for CAS Christmas Card Challenge. The theme for this month is Bells, Linda is our host and LeAnne is our Guest Designer.

We hope you join the team in creating some Christmas cards for your stash, I can't wait to see what you create. Remember we are CAS Challenge so check the rules if you want to be considered for the winning card or  outstanding design.


For my card I kept it simple by stamping my background text in Versafine Clair and heat embossing with clear embossing powder then stamping my bells on watercolour paper and colouring with Fine Tec  Pearlescent watercolours (Ocean) and die cutting them. Once coloured I re stamped the image to sharpen the outline.



As my supplies were out I did a second card this time with Versafine Tulip.


I'd love to hear from you 😊


Card Recipe
Stamps:Stampers Anonymous, Crafty Individuals
Paper: 110lb White, Mixed Media
Ink: Ranger Archival, Versafine Clair (Twilight/Tulip)
Accessories: Fin Tec Metallic Watercolours, Clear Embossing Powder
Techniques: Watercolouring, Heat embossing

20 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely verse stamp you used here Christine - a beautiful background for your pretty bells - different colors really give a different look to each card! xx

Marcia Hill said...

Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Christine! LOVE the verse/sentiment you used and your bells are so pretty with the metallic water colors! Both cards are lovely but I think I like the 1st one best! :0)

Loll said...

Love your background stamp that is just perfect to so with your two bells. Looks great in both colours, but if I had to choose, I'd pick the 1st one :) xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely cards Christine and the gorgeous Bells add to the beauty of them..

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, your bells look fabulous against that lovely script background!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a striking design, Christine! I love how you created texture on the bells and your sentiment is perfect for the background! Great idea to create an extra card for your stash, too ~ Barb xx

nancy littrell said...

Love your stamped text with the stamped, colored and die cut bells, Christine. I loved both color versions of your CAS design. Always great to end up with twofers, since you already have your supplies handy:-) TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Trina P. said...

Lovely set of cards. What a great background for your beautifully pearlescent watercoloured bells.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous CAS design and a great way to incorporate the bells on both of your wonderufl cards x.

Linda said...

Christine, you have used the perfect sentiment to highlight your pearlescent bells. Very pretty card.

Nstiz said...

I just love the way you used that background text stamp to show case those bells. What a fantastic design! Love the pearlized paint on the bells and your photo shows it off perfectly. How great to get a second card while the supplies were still out. I really need to do that too.

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful sentiment stamp, Christine! It's the perfect background for your watercolored bells! I love it done in both colors! Always good to get a second card out of the play!

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty! I love the text as a background with the bells over top. Now you're giving me ideas again. Thanks, Christine!

Ros Crawford said...

I love them! They are so effective and the little bells are wonderful!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both are awesome CAS Christmas cards, Christine! The background text image is a perfect backdrop for the bells. The pearly shine of the bells is so pretty!
I'm so happy to be back on the same DT with you! :-)
Hideko xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeou bells, Christine! Just love them atop the text rectangle - both colors looks amazing!!

Cathy said...

What a wonderful sentiment stamp and it's perfect with the bells, the shimmer looks fabulouus in the close up pic, Cathy x

Susan said...

Love the pearlescent paint on the bells, Christine! And that sentiment stamp makes a perfect background for them!

Pat said...

Two great versions using this lovely script background with the bells and love both colourways. The pearlescent shine looks great! x

BożenA said...

I love all the color versions of this card. This stamp is wonderful and combined with the bells gives stunning cards. Perfect CAS
xx