Saturday 16 September 2017

CAS Watercolour September Mid Month Reminder

Hi everyone, the middle of September came around so quickly, now I'm wondering where did the summer go 😊.
Here is my reminder card for CAS watercolour Silhouettes.  Pop by and check out the design teams awesome work and our guest designer Birgit Edblom or Biggan as she is known at Split Coast Stampers.
Silhouettes make for quick and easy cards when you have some backgrounds available.  This one is a selection of blue distress oxide inks on a craft mat and spritzed with water.  The mixed media paper is smooshed onto the craft mat and dried between each layer.  I used this great Memory box silhouette stamp and some white Stampendous frantage embossing enamel for the snow.  I used the Memory Box Sheer circle edge die to follow the snow drifts.




I would love to see your thoughts on my cards, so please leave a comment if you have time.


Card Recipe
Stamps:Memory box, Penny black,
Paper: 110lb white,black, mixed media
Ink: Ranger archival
Accessories: Simon Says Stamp Die, White frantage
Techniques: Distress Oxidee Background, Silhouette stamp

14 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Stunning Distess Oxide background for your stamped silhouette trees. I love the added snow and how your die cut circles also have a nice curve like your snow banks. A beautiful CAS design my friend. TFS Hugs..

Bonnie said...

Oh, I have been admiring this card, Christine! It looks like a mini landscape! Love how the die makes a snow drift! Wow!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, I LOVE the colors and the texture of this stunning snowy sky, Christine! It's just beautiful with the simple tree silhouette. Hideko

Susan said...

Christine, this might be one of my all-time favourites of your cards. I love the mix of blues, the frantage, and the great trees. The use of the Memory Box edge die adds so much texture and interest.

Nstiz said...

What an incredible background you achieved with your Oxides! It looks exactly like an icy day here in Ohio! Love that stamp too! Beautiful card bordered by that wonderful embossing folder!

Brenda in IN said...

the sky is awesome and the snow is so pretty. Beautiful silhouette too.

Mac Mable said...

Gorgeous colours and effect with the oxides for your fabulous background. Love the sweeping die cut which adds further interest and movement to your fabulous card x

BożenA said...

Wow! Christine !! This card is exceptionally beautiful. I love beautiful watercolor background and gorgeous snow so beautifully out of the silhouette of the trees. My attention is drawn also to the wave cut under the picture. It gives the impression of snowdrifts. Everything looks stunning.
Hugs,
BożenA

Trina P. said...

Awesome card, Christine! Your DOx ink smooshed background is stunning. And your silhouette trees finishes off this winter scene perfectly.

Loll said...

This is gorgeous, Christine. Love your layered and smooshed DOX inks background. Just perfect for a cold, snowy night. The falling snow from the frantage is awesome. xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

my comment is that I love everything about it....such a great bkg and I love how the die-cut gives a great sense of motion like blowing snow..
super card mf.
xx Karen

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning, Christine. I love your card, the wonderful background, the colours, the trees, the snow, the sentiment ... so beautiful.

Greetings from Germany
Anke

Red Queen Art Creations said...

What a gorgeous scene you have created, just lovely.
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog x

Sue said...

What a gorgeous scene you've created, Christine, I love it. The sky background is lovely and the white frantage makes great snow!