Tuesday 20 June 2017

playing with some embossing paste

I have so many backgrounds waiting in the wings to be used, I decided to pull one out to play with, this was a Distress Oxide background I made back in May.  I love the colours so I thought I would play around a little with it.  That's the best thing with all these backgrounds we make, at some time they will come in handy.  I stenciled some white texture paste over the Distress oxides, when you do this the texture paste will pick up up the colour of the inked background, see the paste look quite yellow and not white :)  I love the more subtle look.
I did stamp 2 butterflies but they sort of got lost in the background.   One is in the upper right corner the other is in hiding in the embossing paste.  The Die cut card stock was a gift from my friend Bonnie, thanks Bonnie.


I'm entering this for CAS Mixup (embossing pastes and gels) and Mixed Media Monthly challenge (#32 put a stencil on it), Craft stampers June anything goes challenge

 




Card Recipe
Stamps: Paper smooches sentiment, butterfly from (Ali express online Chinese supplier)
Paper: 110lb white, 138lb mixed media.
Ink: Distress Oxide, TCW stencil,
Accessories: Die cut Floral stem collage by Poppy stamps,, Viva decor yellow liquid pearl paint, Texture paste.
Techniques: Embossing, die cut

26 comments:

Susan said...

Great use of one of your oxide panels - love the addition of the stenciled paste. Perfect background for that great die cut from Bonnie.

nancy littrell said...

Absolutely Gorgeous mixed media background, Christine for your wonderful die cut flower and frame. Bonnie is such an enabler..I now have this die because of Bonnie's sweet gifts to us all at our retreat! I am like you ...Lots of beautiful artsy backgrounds to use as a starting point to mixed media cards...so fun!! Miss you my friend. Hugs...

nancy littrell said...

P.S. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

Unknown said...

Love this card, great diecut frame and the background goes so well with it. Love the sentiment font too !
Kaz x

Loll said...

Your DOX background is such a great mix of colours. Love how the ink came through to the paste ... the stenciling looks awesome being green. Fantastic design, Christine! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful, Christine. Love the colours. The flower really pops beautifully against it.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Gorgeous colours on the background and I love the way the paste has picked the colour up too.

Sue xx

Mac Mable said...

Yes I got heaps of 'spare' backgrounds and if you keep them long enough and/or you play around with them then you get glorious results like yours. Great how the paste picks up the colour and produces glorious effects. The white die cut is amazing and what a lovely gift from Loll x

Bonnie said...

Love this background, Christine! I love the way the embossing paste picked up the background color! Great use of the die cut! You are most welcome.

Cathy said...

This looks fantastic Christine, love the contrast between the gorgeous background and the crisp white diecut. Need to find that die lol! Cathy x

Nstiz said...

What a gorgeous background, Christine! IT's fabulous and love the texture from the paste! That frame is so perfect for this. The more I see it used the more likely it's going on my wish list.

Sarn said...

Ooh GORGEOUS. Love the dimensional paste and that it soaked up the colour from below. SUPER!
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Judy said...

Can you tell me please where you get the die cut cards ? What company ?

Gramma Sarah said...

My favorite! Using stash of backgrounds makes it easy to create awesome, award winning cards such as this!!! The colors are perfect for lazy summer afternoons enjoying one's garden. Gotta have the die cut (or similar)!!

Viv said...

Love your pretty background Christine, great texture and that flower looks so stunning in white too ;) Viv xx

Julia Aston said...

What a great stencil you pasted on your colorful panel Christine! so pretty behind your die cut bloom! thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix up challenge! Julia xx

Jannet said...

So elegant and beautiful !

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful card!

Sue said...

Wow, I love your DOX and embossing paste background, Christine! I must give this technique a try x

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the look....I really want to try this, wonder if Gesso would work?
thanks for inspiring.
xx Karen

Linda said...

This is lovely .... the colours look fab and I love the die! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on the shout out at CAS Mix Up with this amazing and wonderful card x I love it! x

Gramma Sarah said...

So glad you were picked for the CAS Mix Up! This is one of my favorites this month.

Christine Alexander said...

Thank you so much, I really appreciate all your encouragement :)

Ellie Knol said...

It's so beautiful..thanks for joining in the CS TIMI challenge!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Darnell said...

The paste really elevated your already-beautiful background, Christine! And using the floral frame and simple sediment work perfectly!! I think I'm gonna have to see about that Poppy Stamp die! Hugs, Darnell